What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lunch with Rosie: Hard 8 BBQ in Stephenville, Friday April 10th @ 11am

Rosie

Well Known Member
Hi to all my Texas friends! I will be in the DFW area on Friday, April 10th and would like to invite you to join me for lunch at the Hard 8 BBQ in Stephenville. I plan to be there before 11am to visit on the ramp then we can all walk over to eat some great BBQ!

I know it's a working Friday but I'm leaving for North Carolina on Saturday...so it's gotta' be Friday :D

I hope to see some of you THIS week, on Friday April 10th on the ramp at Stephenville!!! Rosie

Last edited:
Rosie,
Thanks for the invite. I look forward to meeting you. I plan to be there, weather permitting.

Ha! You and me both! See you there :) Rosie

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry

Tom & Bonnie will miss you this time because we will be on our way to the Bahamas. Have a good trip!

Right behind you both!!!! Maybe come join us in Punta Cana?!? Rosie

Who is this "Rosie" dude anyway? Some kind of rock star in a '70s band? Maybe I'll have to take another day off of work just to go see... If I'm disappointed, I know the BBQ will be worth it :).

I owe it all to Kahuna for turning me into a ROCK STAR by teaching me to play Rock Band!!! :D Rosie: Antelope Valley High School, Class of 1977!

Who is this "Rosie" dude anyway? Some kind of rock star in a '70s band? Maybe I'll have to take another day off of work just to go see... If I'm disappointed, I know the BBQ will be worth it :).

If you do not want to take off work, you could VERY Very very nicely ask the wife to fly over and check it out. :rolleyes:

Hi to all my Texas friends! I will be in the DFW area on Friday, April 10th and would like to invite you to join me for lunch at the Hard 8 BBQ in Stephenville. I plan to be there before 11am to visit on the ramp then we can all walk over to eat some great BBQ!

I know it's a working Friday but I'm leaving for North Carolina on Saturday...so it's gotta' be Friday :D

I hope to see some of you THIS week, on Friday April 10th on the ramp at Stephenville!!! Rosie

Thanks Rosie! I found myself in Dallas and went and tried out the Hard 8 :D

That was awesome BBQ!

I look forward to attending recurrent training in Dallas because I can get good BBQ. Nobody locally does good Texas style. There is a local joint that does Carolina style. It's good, just not my favorite style of Q. I have taken note that there is a Hard 8 very near a little airport and will adjust any long distance personal flying accordingly. The only problem will be how to deal with the inevitable food coma.

It's just after midnight....See you all in just a few hours at Stephenville to have some 'good eats' at the Hard 8 BBQ!!!! Good night, Rosie

Last edited:
We were there this last Saturday. Wife can't walk that far so we made the phone call. Poor young lady, don't think she did much work at the restaurant because she was shuttling flyers back and forth the whole time we were there.

Only problem is: had a hard time keeping the meat on the bone,:eek: it's falling off good. Of course, the meat isn't supposed to stay on the bone anyway. :D

Enjoy a rib for me

I have taken note that there is a Hard 8 very near a little airport and will adjust any long distance personal flying accordingly. The only problem will be how to deal with the inevitable food coma.
Hey Sam if you're going to be at one of the Flight Safety locations near DFW you are only 15-minutes, or so, away from a Hard-8. There is one in Coppell basically on short final to RWY 17C at DFW. Even if you're over at Addison it is an easy drive to get there. Of course its more fun to fly into Stephenville, but food comas are easier to deal with when you're working. :)

Hi Rosie, Was just looking at the picture of all your gear for your trip. Found it very interesting---some stuff I never thought of. Was wondering if you could elaborate a bit on a few items. First off is that yellow ball pelican case. This is so a rescue chopper can see you better?? Yes/No? Where does one get something like that? Then there's the coral tie downs. Never thought about that. These are something that pound into coral better?? vs dirt?? If the "oxygen stuff" is for flying high, I know about that, but if its for something else, could you explain?

Then there's the 2 boxes next to your "misc stuff". Or "are" those 2 boxes "the misc stuff"

I realize you're very busy with your trip, so if you can't get to this til after your trip, I totally understand.

missed you by a few hours

Sorry I missed the group. Took wife, daughter and that boy of hers to Hard 8 last night. Great BBQ and they were waiting on us for a pick up after a phone call with ETA. Some of the best brisket I have ever had. Would have been better with a bunch of RVers.

Hey Sam if you're going to be at one of the Flight Safety locations near DFW you are only 15-minutes, or so, away from a Hard-8. There is one in Coppell basically on short final to RWY 17C at DFW. Even if you're over at Addison it is an easy drive to get there. Of course its more fun to fly into Stephenville, but food comas are easier to deal with when you're working. :)

I know all about the Hard 8 in Coppell. It is almost always the first place I go when I get off the airplane. Either there or down to Risky's at The Stockyards for beef ribs.

Back