What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mid-air at Tuscaloosa Airshow, pilots OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowflake

Sidney, BC, Canada
Sponsor
Good to hear everyone made it back on the ground safely!

http://www.thekathrynreport.com/2015/03/accident-occurred-march-29-2015-in_30.html

7284996_G.jpg

One of the folks involved chimed in below. One FAA entry (link).

I'm using this thread as a placeholder for when the probable cause is issued. So grateful everyone landed safe. Now that we got a statement from Mike (below), I'll lock down the post until that probable cause comes out.
v/r,
dr

Last edited:
Hello VAF friends. Yes our team did have 2 aircraft that according to the reports, "touched". Well I guess thats true as I laugh reading those reports. While performing an aerobatic maneuver, we had one aircraft prop "touch" the right elevator of another aircraft. Both aircraft landed without incident and the rest of the flight recovered without incident. Great airmanship and discipline makes that happen. A composite prop didnt hurt either. We are currently on what we call a "safety stand down" while we review the incident internally, and the FAA and ICAS does its thing. We also have an internal review process which brings outside experts into the program to review our procedures and other business related items to root cause and implement any required changes. Simply we hit the stop and reset button.
During this investigation by our friendly regulators, we will of course not be commenting further. Life is not without risk. The goal is to continually mitigate it and never loose sight of the goal, and thats eveyone home safe!
Since any further comments would simply be speculation, there is not much point in that. Other discussions of aerobatics, formation, or other related items should move to their own threads. Thanks for all the kind emails and supportive messages. We love you guys and gals too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back