What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Recommended Speeds RPM % of Power for RV-7A IO-360 Fixed Prop

TCSMOORE

Recommended Speeds RPM % of Power for RV-7A IO-360 Fixed Prop

I have a Superior IO-360 184HP engine with a fixed prop.

I am keen to get some recommendations for the following components of flight. Perhaps you can make them % Power for the two cruises and RPM for the Descents and Circuits.

Standard Cruise
Economy Cruise
Cruise Descent (300 FPM)
Descent (500 FPM)
Quicker Descent (700 FPM)
In Circuit on Down wind
In Circuit on Base
In Circuit on Final

In anticipation. Thank you very much

Tim Moore
VH-PDM
RV-7A

I am a fairly new pilot with <100 hrs but would suggest you want to ask for knots or miles per hour versus RPM.

Every engine / prop combination will vary for RPM but most RV-7s will be very close with respect to V speeds.

Pattern speeds...

Hi Tim,

Here's Mike Seager's, transition trainer, handout for landing pattern, fixed pitch prop.

symosj.jpg

Hope that helps with part of your question anyway.

Thank you

Bruce (and Ray and Mike)
Thank you
That sketch is EXACTLY what I was after
Kind regards

Tim
Tim Moore
Perth Western Australia

"Hi Tim,

Here's Mike Seager's, transition trainer, handout for landing pattern, fixed pitch prop."

Bruce, from the Mike Seager diagram, question on the verbage in the lower right hand corner: what is meant by 22"MP, 2400 RPM, 160MPH ? Why is that on the graphic?

"Hi Tim,

Here's Mike Seager's, transition trainer, handout for landing pattern, fixed pitch prop."

Bruce, from the Mike Seager diagram, question on the verbage in the lower right hand corner: what is meant by 22"MP, 2400 RPM, 160MPH ? Why is that on the graphic?

If I recall, that is what power setting we cruised to and from the practice strip. Why it is on the pattern sheet I don't know.

Back