What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin GTN-625 screen layout

gfb

Well Known Member
With the recent Garmin G3X/GTN-625 promo I am reconsidering my GTN-650 plans to save some cash. Looking through pictures of the 625 screens it seems that the right side is always showing a transponder code/setting and a bunch of unused space instead of more map.

Can someone with a 625 tell me if there is some way to get rid of that wasted space on the right? I really don't need it to show me my transponder code as that will already be on the G3X. This space would be much better used to increase the visible map space.

Thanks!

Here is a screenshot of the GTN 625 without the transponder controls. This gives you quicker access to some commonly used functions like flight plan and procedures (instead of pressing the HOME button to get there). Additionally you will have some dedicated data fields. It retains the + / - buttons for zoom. There isn't a way to replace those key functions with map space, but of course you'll have a nice G3X display to show moving map, charts, etc. For installation with G3X, we recommend you wire the GTX 23 ES to the G3X display.

GTN6xx_screenshot002.bmp

Thanks,
Brian

Last edited:
Thanks Brian, that looks much better. If you could send feedback up the chain, I'd love to see a similar discount package for the 635/650 ;) thanks!

Back