What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How did you make your throttle cable bracket for injected O-360

carrollcw

Well Known Member
Hey All!

I am trying to figure out how to install a throttle cable bracket for my O-360. It is a warm sump, vertical induction, EFII with the throttle linkage on the left side.

The vans throttle cable bracket is designed for a carb'd O-360 with the linkage on the right, so it won't work. The one for the IO360's is for horizontal induction.

I am stumped here. Since it is warm air induction, there are no bolt holes on the bottom of the sump for me to fab something up and bolt it there (unlike the cold air induction). I can't figure out anywhere to mount something.

I'm sure someone has dealt with this with either the EFII or the Bendix. HELP!!! Pictures???

I will, he's 2 doors down. I just bug him about so much stuff already, I was trying to figure it out here first!!!

He has volunteered as a tech counselor for chapter 12.
If your a12 member put it on there site. There are a few A&P and other member on your side of town that could help you out.
Better yet ask the club over for some chili hot dogs. You'll get lots of help then.
Let me know if you need me to post it on chapter 12 if your not a member.
Bill J
njrwwj at yahoo.com 832 477 7950

I figured it out. I basically needed a mirror image of the standard Vans bracket. In order to do this, I decided to simply modify it for my needs. So, I first cut off the flanges and the mounting hole for the mixture cable from the standard Vans throttle/mixture bracket designed for O-360's. Then I flush riveted angle on the opposite side where the flanges used to be. Then I used the old mounting hole for the mixture cable and riveted it on to be used for the throttle cable. Before I riveted it, I connected the throttle cable and figured out where to rivet the mounting hole in order to have all the adjustment screws roughly centered. For the efii, it ended up not being a mirror image of the old one. Instead it was about .5" closer to the linkage arm. Hard to describe the process, but it really was quite simple. Happy to email pics if anyone wants them.

Here's some pics. Its not pretty, but it'll work. just need to paint it with some high temp paint now. No mixture cable mount, since the EFII doesn't have a mixture cable.

1zlt8o8.jpg

4toa68.jpg

2dlivcm.jpg

Last edited:
Back