What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Florida Sunset Flight

roadrunner20

Well Known Member
Most of the storms have passed and a beautiful sunset remains on Florida's west coast.

Sunset09102014.jpg

Last edited:
Was delayed due to work on Thursday & a mid morning start on Friday was canceled due to storms exploding between St Pete & Gainesville. We just couldn't get around it.
It's a shame because I was really looking forward to it & Nann wanted to visit an old friend in Charleston.

Sorry you missed it

There's a get breakfast get together at Leeward on Oct 4 if you're interested.
Thomasville in Oct too.
Winter Haven't fly in in November

Make one of those!

Very interesting rakurs of the picture Dan I like it :)

Thanks.
I just happened by the airport & decided to go up for 15 mins and do a few wing overs when I got this beautiful scene.
My iPhone makes it look further away but it was fantastic.

Last edited:
There's a get breakfast get together at Leeward on Oct 4 if you're interested.
Thomasville in Oct too.
Winter Haven't fly in in November

Make one of those!
I'm in for Leeward on 10/4. I've not seen anything posted. Send me what you have.

I'm in at Winter Haven.
Loves Landing too, but I've not seen anything posted on that either.

See you soon.

Last edited:
Bay Pines??

Hey Dan: Your post says you live in Bay Pines. I live in Seminole. Where are you keeping yor plane? Also, when are the Winter Haven and Loves Landing flyins?

Hey Dan: Your post says you live in Bay Pines. I live in Seminole. Where are you keeping yor plane? Also, when are the Winter Haven and Loves Landing flyins?

I'm still keeping my 7 at BKV. New hangars are going in at CLW & I hope to move there once they are completed. SPG had one available but I can't/won't do the $518/month.

Loves Landings is usually the 1st Sat in Nov.
Winter Haven, Sat before Thanksgiving.

Winter Haven

Thomasville is Oct 10 through 12. (Fri - Sunday)

Jesse Saint is having a get together at Dunnellon on the 11th. Intended for RV-10's but he promises not to chase away the two seaters if we show up.

(see his thread)http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=117391

Brunch at JumboAir in Ocala on Oct 12 too - if you want to spend a small fortune.

Winter Haven Fly In is Nov. 15. Always a good turn out - especially for the RV's.

Mark -Not sure if Love's Landing is happening this year.

Last edited:
Back