What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tip: Part organization

Luke D

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Over the years, we've (Classic Aero Designs) accumulated quite an array of RV parts. They've been stored in various ways. Most of them looked something like this:

1520-lrg.jpg

Recently I wanted to organize them into a "filing" system to keep better track of what we have, and where it is. This is what I came up with, and it works really well.

1522-lrg.jpg

These are large plastic bins that work great to hold a lot of the long skinny parts that are common in RVs. We store them in 4 foot deep pallet racks, but they could also be stored easily on 48" x 18" racks. Because they are only 15" wide, they fit between the uprights on common "garage racks".

Here's a shot of some parts inside one of the bins. They hold a lot!

1521-lrg.jpg

They have a place for a label on the end. If you group categories of parts together, it's easy to grab a bin of similar parts. It makes shuffling your parts around a lot easier too.

I got them at amazon:

Buckhorn SW4815080206000 Plastic Straight Wall Storage Container Tote, 48-Inch by 15-Inch by 7.5-Inch, Dark Grey

About $40 with free shipping.

Anyway, if you like to organize things like I do, I think you'll like them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah... good catch Gil! I think their prices must fluctuate a bit. When I got some the other day I paid about $38 for the grey ones :confused:

One other thing I just noticed as I was organizing them is that they stack on top of each other.

Back