What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT and Android App

Dvalcik

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I downloaded the Android app from the GRT site and installed it on an old Android phone. Added the needed bluetooth to the GRT and paired them. It was very easy :)

The photo below is with the android app running on a Galaxy S4 via Bluetooth to the EFIS.

modified%20panel%20with%20android.jpg

I modified the Otterbox Defender cover and holster. Ran a power usb plug from the Vertical Power. I cut the belt clip off and mounted it on the panel providing easy in and out of the holder.

otterbox%20image%202.jpg

otterbox%20images.jpg

Thanks Katie and the Guys at GRT :D

Last edited:
That is so cool. My favorite part is that you repurposed an old phone for something useful! :D

I have an old flip phone that would fit over the display on the right side you are welcome to? :D

More use for the GRT android app

Another use for the Android app for GRT.

It is hard to believe I needed my second Transponder check (4 years). But I did and found a place at Bar Harbor to have it checked. Took the afternoon off and flew up to KBHB.

2015-06-17 KBHB.59.jpg

A lot of private Jets and not many Experimental at this time of the year.

When we started the test, the sun was very bright, Dean the technician was doing the altitude encoder test, running it up to 15000 ft. He was have trouble reading the test equipment from the other side of the wing with the bright sun. He was said I need to unplug and move the equipment around along with moving the plane so I can read the equipment on the panel and my test equipment. He wasn't too happy about starting over.

2015-06-17 KBHB.61.jpg

So I said stop, he had a puzzled look as I reached over and grabbed the Android off the panel that is used to blue tooth the data between the APP and the GRT.

2015-06-17 KBHB.60.jpg

I handed it to him and got a smile and a wow!. He finished the job with the Android in front of the test equipment running altitude up and down to documenting the measurements. His final comment was, "I like experimental airplanes and GRT" :D

David.....is that two GRT sport EFIS's you have with a Garmin 796 in a panel dock?

Jim RV9a

Back