What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X/GDU-375 problem

Dan Langhout

Well Known Member
I suspect I already know the answer to this question - but does anybody know if there is a mode on the Garmin G3X/GDU displays where the rotary part of the joystick doesn't seem to respond? I seem to have an issue where any function on the display that requires twisting the knob no longer responds to said twists. I suspect that there is a hardware problem that will require the $1000 flat rate repair :( but I thought I would ask just in case it is some sort of operator error.

I would send the G3X team an email and see what they say. My experience working with them has proven the support from these guys is nothing short of stupendous. I also doubt you'll have to pay for a repair if you've only been flying for a month even if the unit is "technically" out of warranty.

Hi Dan,

Indeed the Garmin guys should be able to help you out, if not a good dealer certainly will! :)

That said, you can do a quick check in the config area which will allow you to "test" all the buttons and functionality of each button/knob individually. This will allow you to quickly figure out if it's just that particular piece of hardware or something else.

Cheers,
Stein

Still Broken

I would send the G3X team an email and see what they say. . . . . . . .

Good idea Walt, I will send them a note.

Stein said:
. . . . . . That said, you can do a quick check in the config area which will allow you to "test" all the buttons and functionality of each button/knob individually. This will allow you to quickly figure out if it's just that particular piece of hardware or something else.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to but unfortunately I can't get off the default page in config mode because the rotary control doesn't work to select another page. :(

Great Garmin Customer Service

Just to follow up. I took some advice I received here and sent an E-mail to G3Xpert about my problem. I got a very nice, very prompt reply on a Sunday! Long story short, Garmin took care of my problem (it was hardware) under warranty even though strictly speaking they didn't have to based on time since purchase.

Sometimes big vendors get bashed about on customer service issues but I just wanted to share a very good, very positive experience I had. I can't say enough about the G3Xpert guys - Steve in particular. Thanks!

Back