What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2014 Oshkosh Award Winners

Christer

Well Known Member
Van’s Aircraft was well represented this year in the winner’s circle. Congrats to:

Reserve Grand Champion Kit Built - Silver Lindy
Paul Berg
Lizton, Indiana
2014 RV-8, N938W

Kit Champion - Bronze Lindy
Jerry Esquenazi
Senoia, Georgia
2007 RV-8, N84JE

Kit Outstanding Workmanship - Plaques
William Shook
Aurora, Colorado
2014 RV-8, N951WT

Ron Moring
McConnell, Illinois
2012 RV-8A, N868RM

Randy Pflanzer
Martinsville, Indiana
2014 RV-12, N417E

John Barker
Oceanside, Oregon
2010 RV-8, N819WB

Mike Reed
Mapleleaf, Minnesota
2014 RV-7A, N921PM

Last edited:
Congratulations to all. RVs were once again well represented. If you're building - keep at it, it is worth the journey.

Chris

I was very surprised and humbled to win a workmanship award given all the stunning RVs I saw on the field. Everyone's craftsmanship is just amazing. I did not see the Lancair that won the Gold, but it really had to be something to beat out Paul's RV-8. I couldn't imagine anything better. Just perfect in every conceivable detail. Just stunning.

Oshkosh01.jpg

This was a great moment for me this year when Mr. Van himself stopped by, took a bunch of pictures, and complimented my -12. I had a lot of fun this year. Thank you to all the builders who stopped by and introduced themselves to me. I loved meeting everyone.

How about some photos?

It would be great if anyone with photos of one or more of the winners could post them so that we can put name and ship together.
Thanks!

I have several pictures of Paul's beautiful RV-8. Because he has never posted here I'm not sure he would be agreeable to me posting pictures of his plane. I agree with f1Rocket, Paul didn't miss a beat . . . it is truly a stunning airplane. Almost too nice to fly :rolleyes: . . is there such a thing?:D

Back