What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

OSH 2014 trip report

Paul K

Well Known Member
Just returned after a quick three day visit and stay in HBC. Had a great time and finally met some of you at the social.

Following are a few trip photos:

IMG_9932.JPG

Left Sparta Michigan on Monday morning with the sun over my shoulder. Clouds starting to build

IMG_9937.JPG

Headed South towards Chicago. Has anyone noticed how cold the water is? 56 at the South Lake Michigan floating weather station.

IMG_9942.JPG

Closer to Chicago started to form layers but getting better ahead as predicted.

IMG_9944.JPG

Everything working good, It's a go but Chicago lake front following won't talk to me!

IMG_9947.JPG

Chicago on the horizon. Clouds clearing as predicted.

IMG_9962.JPG

I always enjoy this part of the trip.

IMG_9960.JPG

My daughter lives down there. Hi!

More soon.

Arriving at OSH is always fun and busy. I didn't take any photos of the approach or landing and taxi. Solo and just too busy.

IMG_9977.JPG

Trying to get to HBC and these guys keep getting in the way!

IMG_9984.JPG

Finally all clear and good to proceed.

IMG_1990.JPG

Never been this far back before! Very well attended and very full!

Sorry, no photos of the social. Had a really good time meeting members and putting a face to a name.

IMG_1991.JPG

Tuesday morning started out very nice but not to last!

More to come.

Last edited:
IMG_1993.JPG

I ended up way back in the far rear corner.

IMG_2038.JPG

I was thinking about building a Jenny until I took a look at this one! No way.

IMG_2044.JPG

Here comes the storm! Batten down the hatches. As I lay in my tent listening to the lightning and planes taking off, ya have to wonder what people are thinking?

IMG_2045.JPG

Tried to catch a flash of lightning as a plane was leaving, close.

More soon.

More OSH photos,

IMG_2051.JPG

Can you believe this thing can fly? I think it is Brit Navy for hunting subs.

IMG_2052.JPG

IMG_9988.JPG

Lots of the usual!

IMG_9990.JPG

IMG_9993.JPG

IMG_9997.JPG

IMG_9998.JPG

IMG_2054.JPG

Getting ready to leave Wednesday mid morning due to some predicted weather I want to avoid. I'm a long way from the tower and the end of 36!

IMG_2055.JPG

RVs as far as I can see! Met some really nice RV folks from all over the US and Canada.

IMG_0015.JPG

After a delay that seamed like forever, finally rolling past show center towards 36 for departure.

Taking photos of people taking photos of me! How odd.

More later.

Nice trip report. Thanks for sharing. Wishing I was there! Been watching the daily air shows on line at my desk.

IMG_1993.JPG

I ended up way back in the far rear corner.

I got that honor. Last spot in row 301 in the rear corner. I was the furthest out until a couple of RV folks were put behind me in an unplanned row. Best aspect of that spot is it was the closest stumbling distance to NationAir, the Nature Center and SOS :D

Last edited:
Paul:

Sorry we didn't meet. That shot of your plane tied down shows my RV-4 parked right behind you. It was a bit of a hike to, well, just about anything. But great time nonetheless.

Arrived home last night after touring the Ohio/WVA border for awhile looking for a break in the line of showers and thunderstorms that blocked my way.

Obviously I found one.

Back