What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First flight for N229Zulu

Veetail88

Well Known Member
November two two niner Zulu flew for the first time on Sunday June 20th!

Jeff Point graciously performed the first flight and did a fantastic job!

I'll fly it when I'm ready. I've been working on my tailwheel endorsement in a Decathlon and am close. I'll need some more time transition training as well with only 4 hours in an RV-9 recently.

All teasing aside, Jeff did a great job. There are a couple of things to work through, but the flight was drama free!

We'll get back to more test flying after Oskosh!

Thanks to all here who have helped with knowledge and advice, and of course to Doug, for hosting such a wonderful site!

Here's the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaCu4CziBac&feature=youtu.be

Congratulations!! Kind of nice knowing you have a flying plane waiting for you at the hangar, yes?

Great video! Congratulations on having a flying RV. One question, how did you get the info on the borders of the cockpit video?

Thanks

Great video! Congratulations on having a flying RV. One question, how did you get the info on the borders of the cockpit video?

Thanks

I used a Garmin Virb. It has a built in GPS and using their editor you can link the GPS track to the video with some optional displays.

Congrats Jesse on the build and to Jeff Point for the first flight.

Looks like it was a piece of cake, sure glad it all went well.

Congrats Jesse on a job well done. The plane is well built and flies well with just a few minor squaks. Look forward to more test flying after Oshkosh.

It was my worst RV landing in years- I'm glad you got it on video!

Kudos to you for building a tailwheel without the endorsement. You'll love it.

Congrats Jesse on a job well done. The plane is well built and flies well with just a few minor squaks. Look forward to more test flying after Oshkosh.

It was my worst RV landing in years- I'm glad you got it on video!

Jeff, the video showed a docile landing compared to some of mine. :)

22+ hours and 62 landings in the 8 here and I am still a neophyte with tail wheel ops.

But I sure like flying it, one of these days I will learn to grease it on every time.

Back