What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Registration in 7 days

larrynew

Well Known Member
I highly recommend using the EAA's Registration and Certification kit. I know I wouldn't have gotten everything right without it. I followed it exactly and just saw my registration listed on the FAA Registry 7 business days after I mailed it! I did make one call to EAA to ask about the amount of the check. It's $5 if you've already reserved an n-number. The cost with shipping for EAA members was about $17 and it includes a data plate and more.

http://www.eaa.org/en/eaa-shop/featured-products/2258337900000__amateur-built-certification-kit

I totally agree! Used the same kit and just 3 days later (after it showed up online) my card came in the mail. YEA 1 step closer...

I understood the kit was more related to EAB rather than ESLA? Does that make sense based on what you saw of the kit?

I understood the kit was more related to EAB rather than ESLA? Does that make sense based on what you saw of the kit?

I would call EAA to confirm but I don't think you want this kit for E-LSA. 800-564-6322.

Sorry, but

thread creep ---- if someone were to build an airplane that would meet the LSA requirements, why would you not license as an EAB? Is there any good reason to license as a ELSA?

Back