What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Delta Pop com antenna PIREP

Apexeon

I had previously posted about the problems I was having with a foil antenna mounted to the windshield of my -6. I added noise supression filters to the mags as the problem presented itself after having the mags overhauled. I finally decided that something had to be up with the foil antenna and indeed after close inspection I discovered that the foil had developed a crack which severed the antenna 1/3 of the way up. After searching the forums, I contacted Don Pansier by e-mail and asked him to call me. He called back within half an hour and we spent the next 30 min discussing my problem and I ended up ordering his bent whip antenna. He suggested mounting it ahead of the spar in the corner so that I get to it and could use the antenna with my handheld if needed. I had the antenna in two days and after installation I am thrilled with the results. I can highly recommend Delta Pop's antennas and they will be my first choice of antennas in the future.

I have one of Don's top-mount COM antennas and have found it to be a fine performer and well constructed.

DSC01755_1.jpg

Last edited:
I've bought four and installed three of Don's various antennas. All worked great. He also helped me figure out a novel solution to a rag-tube ground plane issue in a bi-plane.

Great guy, great products, and great service!

I got one with my MGL V6, the angled one. No complaints so far, it performs just as well as the fancy RAMI I got for my 430W. I also found the instructions and mounting template to be clear and accurate. It's a great antenna, and I wasn't expecting the high quality of construction, I just needed something functional. But I was very pleasantly surprised!

My only gripe would be that a steel reinforcing/doubler plate could have been included with it, which it was with the RAMI.

+1

I bought pretty much all my stuff from Delta Pop, although I'm not flying yet, so I can't talk about performance. However, the products look to be very well made. Talking to Don on the phone was a pleasure, as he tolerated even the dumbest of my questions. ..Just another good guy, servicing the experimental market.

Great products from a great guy. I have 4 of his antennas, 2 blade and 2 comm. Not flying yet but they work surprisingly well in the garage! He also answered my dumb questions quickly and patiently.

Back