What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-6 Down - Minnesota

...just an FYI --> I posted that yesterday and the post was taken down / disappeared / in a few hours.

Due to speculation of the cause, as I recall from the note by the mod who deleted it.

Hi Mike.

Hmmm.

That's interesting. The only "speculation" was not mine, but I did mention in the thread title that wake turbulence was suspected; this was derived from the quotes of an NTSB spokesperson in the article. While not a final NTSB report (which may be forthcoming a year or more from now), it seemed like more than just idle speculation.

I thought it may have been educational for the rest of us.

My mistake.

Hi Mike.

Hmmm.

That's interesting. The only "speculation" was not mine, but I did mention in the thread title that wake turbulence was suspected; this was derived from the quotes of an NTSB spokesperson in the article. While not a final NTSB report (which may be forthcoming a year or more from now), it seemed like more than just idle speculation.

I thought it may have been educational for the rest of us.

My mistake.

Arlen, I agree you were only quoting from a source in the article. I don't think you need to feel you violated forum rules, I suspect a moderator may have misinterpreted your intentions. :)

I found the discussion of wake turbulence in the article to be sobering.........and educational, especially in light of us losing one of our own.

Our condolences to the families impacted by this tragedy.

Last edited:
At least this reporter didn?t turn it into a sensationalized event talking about the horrors of experimental planes. I don?t think he says experimental or homebuilt planes once, only referring it to a single-engine Brumwell RV-6, and often smaller plane. But I might be giving the reporter too much credit, maybe he didn?t know the RV-6 was a homebuilt aircraft. Sure sorry for this families loss.

Back