What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Greatest wife ever

SkyFlorida

I'm on a business trip to Brazil and yet my build continues due to my tremendous wife. She claimed the rudder as her own project. I wanted to honor her by putting a pinup of her on the completed tail, but she isn't down with that.

Whatever. Am I a lucky guy or what?

34isu0z.jpg

Oh, yeah! Spectacular! This is just the beginning of something huge that will change you guy's life. There have been others that have gone before you, and I can tell you from experience that with each rivet, your life is about to change...

Wife

Michael
You married well. I like the table cloth. And the nice ride in the back ground. :D
Is that proseal under the stiffeners? I put all mine on that way too. Not too many do it.

I too have a GREAT wife that has pounded rivets and worked with proseal.... But this guy IS VERY LUCKY!!!

I'm on a business trip to Brazil and yet my build continues due to my tremendous wife. She claimed the rudder as her own project. I wanted to honor her by putting a pinup of her on the completed tail, but she isn't down with that.

Whatever. Am I a lucky guy or what?

34isu0z.jpg

So who made the photo? :rolleyes:

Larry: yes, that's pro seal. I have a lot of RVs in my area and they give me terrific guidance on stuff like that.

Don: I took the pic several weeks ago. She's actually much further into the rudder now. She's finishing deburring all the skin and structure holes and will start riveting soon. I thought a pic of her back riveting was a nice representation of her skill.

Disinterested Wife

I have been building a RV-10 for a year and a half. My wife has been to the workshop a total of 3 times (and not to pick up a tool)

I have been building a RV-10 for a year and a half. My wife has been to the workshop a total of 3 times (and not to pick up a tool)

Mine was that way the first four years. Then when it came time for the fiberglass work, she was helping almost seven days a week. Note this was after we moved the project to the hangar. To give her credit, she did 80% of the fiberglass sanding and finishing.

I also told her that she was responsible for all paint design and leather color choices. That also may have helped with her taking ownership of some of the project.

So there is still hope!

Mine's a keeper too

This was BEFORE we were married. Now, she does the entire conditional inspection by herself. (I wish)

...is that you need to persevere on the pinup thing. :)

Do you think if I have the perseverance to build a whole airplane, that I'm throwing in the towel on that?

I got the rest of the wings, fuselage, firewall forward and panel to work on my case. "Why honey, I'm just being patriotic," as I keep showing her WW2 airplane pics.

Back