What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mike Stewart Shout Out

Clarkie

Well Known Member
Wanted to share with you guys what I think is the best customer service I've received thus far owning an RV.

I ordered a Whelen LED wingtip/tail package from Mike about a month ago. Scheduling issues prevented install until today. I had some clearance issues in the wing tip lens so I called Mike for some guidance. Explaining my situation to him over the phone, he said he never had a complaint about clearance. Before I could finish explaining my issue, Mike asked where I was located (I'm in NC) and said he'd fly over to my airport to suggest a fix. Within two hours Mike was in my hangar providing the needed solution. This to me is way "above and beyond."

Go to Mike for all your lighting needs. The customer service is second to none and these things are super bright!

Plus One

Mike Stewart is that kind of guy. Not only will he give you the shirt off his back, he will iron it, fold it and then show you how to make a better shirt yourself.

He is that way about all things RV. He has no hesitation to make things better and is gung ho about sharing his experiences and enthusiasm with everyone.

Mike's latest venture with Whelen has been top drawer. I bought my lights from Whelen just because he started to represent them. It has been a great experience and now I have stellar lights.

When Tom called, I was scratching my head as to why his in lens nav strobe would not fit in his -6 wings. :confused: With so many of these in the field, it just couldn't be. Best thing was to go look for myself. Turns out he has rocket tips and the rocket tips are a tight fit. Also inside his lens was plenty of filler which built up the already tight fit into a too tight fit. Fix was pretty easy. There is nothing like getting my eyes on it to figure out what was going on. I was glad he called and didn't just plug along with the problem frustrated. Tom has a beautiful 6 where speed is king. Lots of special mods. I enjoyed poking around it. I enjoy a little speed myself.
Thanks for the shout out Tom. Problem solving makes my day. PS. Your lights ARE bright. Just how bright? Stay tuned for some real data light tests on some various strobe systems. Its interesting stuff.
Best,

Mike Stewart is that kind of guy. Not only will he give you the shirt off his back, he will iron it, fold it and then show you how to make a better shirt yourself.

He is that way about all things RV. He has no hesitation to make things better and is gung ho about sharing his experiences and enthusiasm with everyone.

Mike's latest venture with Whelen has been top drawer. I bought my lights from Whelen just because he started to represent them. It has been a great experience and now I have stellar lights.

Not just all things RV...I have called him out of the blue a few times and he always always ready to spread his knowledge....Great aviator! Great Ambassador! Great Person!

UPDATE:
As mentioned in an earlier post, I installed the Orion 650s I got from Mike on our -6 last week. These things are ridiculously bright!

Being extremely happy with the quality and brightness of these lights, as well as the outstanding customer service, I flew to Mike's place yesterday to pick up a pair of the Whelen PAR 36 landing lights with the associated kit.

http://teamaerodynamix.com/shop/avia...hts-with-light

I was extremely apprehensive about cutting into our beautifully painted leading edge and expressed my concerns to Mike. Since the kit he designed is relatively new, he offered me the use of his shop and tools while I was there to supervise the process. This allowed him to see how a "lighting challenged" guy like me made out by following his detailed step-by-step instructions that come with the kit and to see if there were any changes that needed to be made to the procedures for kits going out in the future. A win win situation for us both (No, I'm not advertising free shop use at Mike's with a purchase of Whelen products, I just got to be the lucky guinea pig for the day).

Aside from a couple of places where the wording was confusing (now edited and changed), the instructions really are excellent. The pictures and checklist style procedures made a very intimidating task, very manageable for a person with less than average skills. I highly recommend this kit.

Flying home in the afternoon, I turned all the lights on. 5 miles out from the airport I made a position call on unicom. Two airplanes in the pattern each spotted me instantly. One commented on the brightness of the lights and another holding short of the runway asked me if I stole my landing lights from Boeing.

Back