What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Product Offering From Aircraft Specialty and TSFlightlines

Aircraft Specialty

Well Known Member
Aircraft Specialty and TSFlightlines are excited to announce another new Rotax 912 product.

We have developed a remote oil pressure transducer mounting kit for the 912 engine that helps to alleviate the problem of vibration induced failures that have been occurring on engine mounted oil pressure sensors.

This kit moves the oil pressure transducer from the engine to a location back near the firewall, which helps to isolate it from vibration. As with all of our hose packages, this kit includes conductive teflon hoses with stainless fittings. We also provide an adapter for the transducer, and a restrictor fitting for the engine.

This is the easiest to install remote mounting kit on the market with the highest quality components. Because the fittings on the hoses are all normal aviation flare fittings, you don't have to "pre-twist" the hose during the installation and then unwind it as you install. Installation is as simple as mounting the fittings, and then attaching the hose.

In addition, please contact us if you have a new engine with metric threads in your engine case. We have ways of adapting that also, and would be happy to discuss that option with you.

Here is a link to the installation manual
http://aircraftspecialty.com/PDF Documents/Rotax 912 Remote Oil Sender Rev 1.pdf

Hose%20Package.jpg

Completed%20installation.jpg

We would also like to give thanks to John and Rob for helping us with beta testing this installation. As always, we really appreciate the help of the builder community to work with us on developing new product lines. We feel fortunate to be able to work with so many interesting people on a daily basis and do something that we truly enjoy.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact Tom or I.

Steve

A few more thing about my remote oil pressure sensor setup!

I was one of the beta testers for this new product. Here are a few more shots of my installation. My serial number is 120079 so I have the pre Kevlico fuel pressure sensor. So I used the save bolt that holds the adel clamp for the fuel pressure sensor and came off 180 degrees with another adel clamp to hold the Honeywell oil pressure sensor at the firewall. Your final location of your own sensor may vary. I originally had the Lockwood remote kit. I decided to beta test this set up for a more professional installation. Can't say enough good things about Steve and Tom and the quality of their products. The new engines will come with a different oil pressure sensor and will have a 10x1 metric tread instead of the old Honeywell sensor with the 1/8-27 NPT thread. So if you have to upgrade to this new sensor consider calling these guys for this setup and no retapping of your oil pump housing will be required.:)
When the time comes for the fuel line replacement I'm definitely going with their setup.;)
Where your oil pressure would be mounted on a stock out of the box 912.
efd28c4415753838f405c76f2f5ef093_zps0c87edf0.jpg

Sensor location on firewall.

6580452ce98f5e78fd2ee1361b5afabf_zpsac27f342.jpg

Sensor shown with AN to 1/8-27 fitting.
3b41013d0f87d660d21ff6577df0639d_zpsc31c862d.jpg

Purging air out of line with oil warm engage starter for approx 15 seconds with fuel and ignition off.
118cc2cf906e785ab3947c1fb371d948_zps383e6b5b.jpg

Many thanks to John and Rob for doing the hard work on this kit. Yep, working out the routings and getting the best install is the hard work. We've made this adaptable to various senders, AND if you want to relocate the sender and need a different hose length, we can custom built that for you. Slowly, but surely, we are getting the RV12 covered, as well as others that have the 912 Rotax.

For you RV7, 8, 9, and 10 builder/owners, we have not forgotten you!
Some of you have seen the new Andair selector valve hose/tube assemblies for the RV7/9's that a few of you have tested. We've been tweeking that install and the manufacturing process. The new CNC tube bender will be a huge asset.
Wing root filter kits, adaptive kit for inverted fuel tanks for the outlet hoses, and the pesky flop tubes are in the works.

I now have access to a RV8 that is under construction, so coming up with inhouse packages for fuel pump routing will be easier. I think the builder is going to use the new version of the AFP pump/filter, so this will be covered. Plan is to make a mockup of the EFII modular pump and make a package for it.

RV10 builders, we do have a complete brake a fuel hose package for the tunnels. Several owners have this package in several versions, some of which are flying.

We are constantly improving our packages for you, our customers. Many of you have suggested minor changes that we have incorporated.
Tom and Steve

My mounting strategy

Having a later kit than John, the kit included the aluminum bracket for the fuel pressure sendter. I fabricated a "dual" model of the same, using the same mounting hole. (the extra holes on the right an left were added to clear the adjacent rivet heads on the firewall:

b93e91da-b906-4ce9-b608-967df695d192_zpsdee17f6f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I mounted the oil sender on the inboard side, and the fuel sender on the outboard side.
Note that I couldn't find the same fitting that Van's supplied with the kit for the fuel sender, so a Lowe's Aerospace angle along with the adapter from Steve was used for the oil sender:
a1ecf30c-feff-4ef6-87b6-3a35695d6fdb_zps27f4fabf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

All nestled away on the firewall:

5a7b073e-2572-4ec7-8ea5-fa26f3adb1f3_zps0a71223e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

If that is something that a lot of people show interest in, we would be happy to look at fabricating some brackets with the cnc. We love excuses to make things with it. :)

Steve

Grommet fitting

I believe the original plans from Van's for mounting the fuel transducer had you enlarge the hole in the grommet by squishing it in a vice with an appropriate-sized socket wrench socket. I found this to be a bit loose. Instead, I used an unmodified grommet. With the angle connector installed on the fuel/oil sender, and the original-sized hole in the grommet, it stays put mounted on the grommet quite well.

Back