What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Team Aerodynamix/Eagle's Nest at SnF

videobobk

Well Known Member
Friend
Team Aerodynamix/Eagle's Nest at SnF (pictures added)

Many times we have said, "It don't get any better than this," but this time I mean it!

Mutual friends, great connections, and especially great people made SnF very special to us this year. First were the aircraft. EN-1 was flown to Florida from Indiana by Austin Malcomb, making good use of his three month old PPL. Ernie Butcher brought EN-3 over from Houston, and Scott Malcomb brought EN-6 in from Orlando, only one week after its first flight. Earlier, Mike Stewart suggested that Team Aerodynamix showcase these planes in the Friday morning flying. Mike and Scott Malcomb, Chief Mentor of the EN-6 build project at at Circle Christian School, had made the arrangements for the week's activities. By Wednesday, the stage was set.

On Wednesday, Jet Blue brought the students who had built EN-6 in from Orlando (thanks Scott and JB!) Mike was scheduled to speak to the student/builders from Circle Christian School (and who ever else was interested) at around noon. After a really inspirational talk, we presented the kids with Certificates of Appreciation for all their hard work. Appreciation flowed both ways.

Thursday, Mike, Leggs, and Widget took the three planes up for some familiarization time. They took right to the 12s, as I knew they would. Friday about 11:30 they boarded, along with three of the students; Elijah Morris and Jacob Lofgreen from the EN-1 build, and Matt Malcomb from the EN-6 build. By 11:45 they were in the air. The first two passes were in trail, and the third was a formation of three RV-12s, led of course by Mike "Kahuna" Stewart. Everything, and everyone, performed beautifully.

All of us at Eagle's Nest appreciate this great show of support. If aviation is to "live long and prosper," this is what we all must do--help each other. We anticipate a long and friendly relationship. Thanks, TA! (Pictures to come)

EaglesNest%20(2).jpg

EaglesNest%20(10).jpg

EaglesNest%20(12).jpg

EaglesNest%20(13).jpg

EaglesNest%20(14).jpg

EaglesNest%20(15).jpg

Bob Kelly
Founder, ENP

Last edited:
Bob - all I can say is WAY COOL!

I can only hope that someone, somewhere has a frame quality photo for this incredible event !

The hard work of the Eagle's Nest organization is both inspirational and awe inspiring.

Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication.

Bob---it was a truely inspiring scene. The students that built them, the planes, Team AeroDynamix, AND you and Ernie.

My congratulations to you, and All the Eagles Nest Project students, mentors, and sponsors. It is a great thing!
Tom

Last edited:
EN-1 & Team Aerodynamix

Great job you guys. Really good to see all the folks who promote our vocation/avocation. Ernie, especially good to see you and your commitment to our young, aspiring aviators.
Hope to see all of you at OSH.
Blue skies...:)

Ernie, Bob and team are absolutely top shelf. These kids have learned much more than building. They learned discipline, respect, teamwork, and the comradery that only comes for working in a group to a common goal. The Eagles Nest program should be in every community. We were honored to support them.
Below is picture of one of the students getting interviewed by Live Air Show TV crew who is following our team around this year. When I told them we were being interviewed,
he said "wait, you mean interview you right?"
"Nope, your the rock star, Im just a pilot."
"What do I say?"
"Say what rock stars say. We rocked the house today like it was nobody's business!"

And he did exactly that!
Good times. Great people.
EaglesNest%20(16).jpg

Bob,

Thanks to your vision and leadership, Eagles Nest has become the gold standard in aviation mentorship programs. All of us, as part of the VAF family, are immensely proud of you and your team's accomplishments. Your program is a stellar example of community outreach at it's best.

Well done sir!

Regards,

Kahuna,

I just wanted to send a big shoutout to you and the whole Team Aerodynamix crew!

I was able to get out to SnF last Saturday and got to watch you guys do your thing at night. That was the first time I've ever seen an aerial show at night...and you guys absolutely knocked it out of the park!!!! You had me and a whole bunch of my confederates from EAA 309 in Charlotte, NC just continually "oo"-ing and "ah"-ing through the whole routine!!! :D

My hat's off. Very well done, indeed!!!:)

Kahuna,

I just wanted to send a big shoutout to you and the whole Team Aerodynamix crew!

I was able to get out to SnF last Saturday and got to watch you guys do your thing at night. That was the first time I've ever seen an aerial show at night...and you guys absolutely knocked it out of the park!!!! You had me and a whole bunch of my confederates from EAA 309 in Charlotte, NC just continually "oo"-ing and "ah"-ing through the whole routine!!! :D

My hat's off. Very well done, indeed!!!:)

Where's the like button? Thank you Jim. We hope we represented your EAA chapter well during our flight. It was a beautiful evening for a night show. Hope someone got some pictures of our new maneuvers. I REALLY want to see the 7 ship loop to bomb burst. Its the first time we have performed that and the 11 ship loop in public, let alone at night. (And if you had seen our practices you'd know why:)) In fact we don't think anyone any has ever done either one before. But we could be wrong about that. Dream Big!
Warmest regards,

Back