What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT Tech Support - Above & Way Beyond!

Jim Lewellyn

Well Known Member
While at SNF, I had another great experience with the folks from GRT and I wanted to share it with VAF.

I flew my RV6 from Pennsylvania to Florida this year for SNF. I have a GRT Sport which has been installed for about 5 years now. I have not kept up with the firmware upgrades. (I would rather not get into the actual problem I was seeing here in this forum, because it is rather confusing and I am certain that it will cause the EFIS nay sayers to jump in and flame away). When I explained the problem I was seeing to Greg (at GRT), he was very interested and suggested that we go out to the HB parking area where I was parked, and take a look at it. Greg found that the problem was related to a very old firmware version that I had installed. We installed the latest firmware, and it solved the problem. I have flown the plane for 7 hours since loading the firmware and it has worked perfectly.

For Greg to leave the GRT booth at SNF and help me goes above and beyond. Thank you Greg and Katie!

Greg let us know when you run into issues uploading or other technical ones. We know not everyone in the field is computer savvy. We can always get someone in your area to help you out. Glad your up an running.

To be clear, I use computers and write computer programs every single day. Loading the firmware is easy, i just didn't keep up with loading the latest revisions.

I could have loaded the new firmware myself, but Greg went out of his way to look at the problem I was having which I feel deserves mentioning.

Back