What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Departing Sun N Fun Sunday Afternoon

RV8iator

Well Known Member
Benefactor
We left Sun N Fun this morning headed back to Dahlonega thankful for the ADSB stuff in the plane.

I knew the weather was going to make going direct a non starter. Got all the briefings and filed and off we went, us and about 100 of my best flying friends.

Looks scary, but we didn't actually see but a couple planes during the climb.

13674766125_97679b4ba2_b.jpg

Once established away from Lakeland I picked up my clearance and after looking over the weather and working out a reroute this is what it looked like for me, and about 100 of my best flying friends.

It was a nice ride in some rain and had a few bumps, but nothing over light chop.

13674814833_6de2335fc6_b.jpg

Do you always keep the screen at 300 miles range???

No wonder you have a hundred buddies on the screen.

HXR------right??

Looks good.

Do you always keep the screen at 300 miles range???

No wonder you have a hundred buddies on the screen.

HXR------right??

Looks good.

I was just checking the weather out that far and saw the conga line of planes working around the edge of the weather.

Yes on the HXr. I'm still loving it. I also have the Mini X up and running and what a welcome addition also. Coming soon to a panel near you!

What is represented by the lines that resemble a bunch of backgammon boards on the right side of the lower photo???

No data yet...

What is represented by the lines that resemble a bunch of backgammon boards on the right side of the lower photo???

This is to highlight that there is no data received yet in this area. That way you won't assume that all is clear.

The various display providers have similar approaches to letting you know this.

James

I really enjoy the traffic display on my 796. Coming back from SNF there was intersecting traffic showing at my 9 o'clock low. Looking to my left I saw a flight of two A10s pass below me heading to Moody AFB. Amazing.

Back