What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vertical Power crimp tool...the good one

cjensen

Well Known Member
I have had a lot of inquiries about the rental of the professional crimping tool. I have great news going forward. The new policy for the tool will be FREE rental. The only thing we are going to ask is that you use it quickly as there will not be a monthly charge for it anymore and return back to me in a postage paid (by me) package.

Now, I don't have the tools at my office just yet, but they should be here next week. It will be first come first serve and I will keep track of where they are and who is next in line as the requests come in. I also don't know exactly how many I will be getting, but I'll post that when I know.

Thanks for your patience folks!

Thanks Chad. I doubt that I'll be needing it but its nice to see that its there.

A proper response to customer needs---------priceless:D

Good to have our own "mole" in there;)

What about those of us who have paid you?

Nice that you have decided to do this, but I had to pay you $400 to get the one I am using now when I bought my VPX Pro at SNF last year. Not pleasing.

Nice that you have decided to do this, but I had to pay you $400 to get the one I am using now when I bought my VPX Pro at SNF last year. Not pleasing.

Jeesh....... I understand you aren't pleased about paying $400. I did the same, but I also made a decision to keep my tool in case I ever needed it again. And yes, I did use it once a year after I did the initial wiring.

But please don't beat up Chad and Ballard. I think they ought to be commended with coming up with a better set of options than the previous regime. Remember it wasn't Ballard that you paid.

Retroactive

Hey Chad (my 3rd son):)

Is it retro active since this all occurred during the 5 months I've had the crimper?
Hey $50 is $50!!!

I think they're talking about the Molex crimpers for the power connectors. Its a pretty specific tool and not inexpensive.

These are not Molex connectors (not what people normally call a Molex). The cheap crimper for these cost about $75, the expensive ones around $300. Nothing like the Daniels AFM8 style.

Last edited:
Crimper

The model number for the proper crimper is 63811-4400. The best price (still steep) I found was at crimptools.com, but they are currently out of stock.

==dave==

Just a note... if you buy the wiring harness kit, the Molex terminals are already crimped on to the wires. So you don't have to buy or borrow a crimp tool.

The crimp tool is only necessary when you get the connector kit (it's like the wiring harness kit, but no wires). :)

If you need an extra wire or two with the connector crimped on it, just contact us and we'll send it out to you.

Back