What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I have an airplane!

John Courte

Well Known Member
Special Airworthiness Cert issued to RV7 313TD yesterday at 12:30pm!

Adam Valdez was my DAR, and he made a very thorough inspection of the ship. He found 14 minor squawks all of which were corrected. I also received an onsite briefing by Dave Voelker of the FAA on how to interpret my op lims and what my phase 1 test area really means. It was a thoroughly pleasant and enjoyable process.

It still hasn't sunk in yet, that I can take to the skies (the skies within 50nm of KOXR), supported by a machine that I built. It also hasn't sunk in yet that I've finished one leg of the journey and I'm about to start on the next.

For the most part, this post is meant to be a great, big, giant thanks to all VAF'ers, who have helped me directly or indirectly just by sharing information and conversation, and to DR for providing a venue for it to happen.

Congratulations John on an accomplishment worthy of note. Let us all know how that first flight goes.

Congratulations!!

Congrats on the "pink" slip.

Looking forward to the first flight report----good luck, and be safe.

Congrats!
That day, for me, wasn't so long ago that I can still feel my 'moment' when you describe your own 'moment'.
Now begins a great phase, more intense but no less amount of work as you test, verify modify and repair your way to a more or less complete aircraft that you will always be free to modify anyway!
Carry On! (as Mark would say)

Congratulations! I've really enjoyed your blog. The funny/cynical/snarky tone was how I felt for most of my build. Thanks for the entertainment and enjoy your personal time machine.

Burt

Back