What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Flight!

bret

Well Known Member
A couple of us met up (first time) at the Tail dragger cafe KMEV for breakfast this morning, looked at a very nice 8 project sitting in a very nice hanger, a 6, and an offer for a ride! Heck ya! Once airborne he let me feel her out. This is not a Cessna! Now I can see where transition training is going to be very important before my first flight. The stick was very sensitive to input controls that I was not familiar with. Crusing faster than the Skyhawk at half the fuel burn! Can't wait to finish mine. Nice to meet you Craig and Andy! Thanks again.

A couple of us met up (first time) at the Tail dragger cafe KMEV for breakfast this morning, looked at a very nice 8 project sitting in a very nice hanger, a 6, and an offer for a ride! Heck ya! Once airborne he let me feel her out. This is not a Cessna! Now I can see where transition training is going to be very important before my first flight. The stick was very sensitive to input controls that I was not familiar with. Crusing faster than the Skyhawk at half the fuel burn! Can't wait to finish mine. Nice to meet you Craig and Andy! Thanks again.

Congrats on the flight.
I remember my first. A friend let me fly his for a bit. My description to the uninitiated is " you just think what you want the plane to do".
I wish I was as close as you. Enjoy Bret.

Congrats on the flight.
I remember my first. A friend let me fly his for a bit. My description to the uninitiated is " you just think what you want the plane to do".
I wish I was as close as you. Enjoy Bret.

Thanks, but I am not close, I need to sell a kidney or two, well, maybe one, to finish. :D

Back