What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bonfire Flights at Spruce Creek

tc1234c

Well Known Member
Here at Spruce Creek during annual Toy Parade (December) and Bonfire (January) Gaggle Flight always put up a big fly-by. On last Saturday we must had 40+ airplanes in the air at the same time. Before Gaggle launch, a TBM and P-51 made a few low passes. After the Gaggle fly-by, two Aerostars made a formation pass. RVs are well represented in the flight. I was part of a 14 ship Lakes Flight and was with the lead Aerostar. Here are a few photos to share. Most of the photos are taken by Gary Rosier .

TBM and P-51 positioned for the flight.
Bon-FIRE%2521+479.JPG

Pilot briefing:
Bon-FIRE%2521+484.JPG

Gaggle Flights on the runway (last 14 not shown):
Bon-FIRE%2521+562.JPG

Lakes
[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-KAO6fC7Amik/UtwfQGW5zCI/AAAAAAABDiw/88FqlYuw7P0/w1196-h809-no/Bon-FIRE%2521+593.JPG[/IMG]

Bon-FIRE%2521+622.JPG

Bon-FIRE%2521+700.JPG

Looks like a fun day. I love the Aerostars - what a great plane. Our company had one for about 10 years and it was very nice. The formation flying with the RV's was great too. Wish I was there!

Obsession P-51

Jeff M. (Obsession)is a good friend, and has a home here in NC with a few other cool rides in his stable. Obsession is a regular sight around home in the summer months. Wish I was down there now...brrr.

Ted I envy you. I need one more BFR. :D

This is our version of "sky clear vis unlimited". Unedited as it is :D

Back