What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Add me to the list

Wyzepilot

Hi all,

so I finally did it, I ordered my empennage kit yesterday:D. It has been a long time coming. I think I went through the standard builder steps. After lurking for a couple of years I contacted Mitch, Vans's East coast rep. I've never seen a 10 up close and was excited to get my hands on one. Mitch spent a few hours with me and my wife showing us the airplane and taking us for a ride. I fly professionally for a living and have flown countless aircraft from the piper cub to a B-777; I was beyond impressed with the RV10. I can honestly say that the 10 is one of the nicest airplanes that I have flown. Even my wife loved the airplane asking me "when can we get one". The next day I ordered a whole bunch of tools that I had no idea how to use and made a temporary workshop in my basement. I managed to put together the tool box without a hitch but the practice airfoil proved to be a little much for me so I contacted Keith from W.C. Aircraft in Boone Iowa. My wife and I took a class with him and by the time we were done I was comfortable with all of my tools in my tool box and even ordered a few more from Cleaveland tools that I felt that I couldn't live without. After building a couple more airfoils for practice, joining EAA, contacting my local chapter, and of course donating to this wonderful site I ordered the Empennage kit. Now back to reading primer wars:confused::confused:?

Stay warm out there,

Dave

Welcome to VAF!

Dave, welcome to the good ship VAF.

And, welcome to the RV 10 brotherhood;)

Seems like a number of -10's are leaving "THE" factory for the "the" factory. It'll be exciting to see the brotherhood grow.

Thanks for the warm welcome..... If there is anyone in NJ that wouldn't mind showing off their project please PM me. I live in Red Bank NJ but am willing to travel.

Dave

Welcome!

Congratulations, Dave. Welcome to the VAF bunch. And a big congratulations for spelling "CLEAVELAND" as in "Cleaveland Aircraft Tools" correctly. Your attention to detail will certainly help in your new journey! ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome..... If there is anyone in NJ that wouldn't mind showing off their project please PM me. I live in Red Bank NJ but am willing to travel.

Dave

To my knowledge there is no RV10 under construction in NJ. Unless they are off the radar as I was when started. We have an RV12 project in advanced stage (almost ready for engine start) at Princeton airport 39N and I have an RV8 fuselage in the shop by Solberg airport. There is a lot of activity at Sky Manor airport N40. Just stop by their on field restaurant and ask all usual suspects are there :)

To my knowledge there is no RV10 under construction in NJ. Unless they are off the radar as I was when started. We have an RV12 project in advanced stage (almost ready for engine start) at Princeton airport 39N and I have an RV8 fuselage in the shop by Solberg airport. There is a lot of activity at Sky Manor airport N40. Just stop by their on field restaurant and ask all usual suspects are there :)

There are two RV-10s that were at least started in NJ. One in Medford and the other in Ocean. Larry Rosen's builder site hasn't been touch in years, so he may not be building anymore. The other builder I've not met. Email me for their contact info if any one wants to attempt to contact them.

Back