What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flying my RV-9A in SoCal - Havasu RV Fly-In

pmccoy

Well Known Member
After seven long years of building I was able to FLY into my first RV Fly-in!!!!

I flew from Chino to Lake Havasu City, as a flight of two on new years day. Al and I were able to join Rosie and the gang for the RV Fly-in. Of course I had the GoPro up and running and made another video. It was fun getting to meet new people, and hang out with all those RV folks. Landing was a bit difficult, as we all seemed to arrive at about the same time. Thankfully, everybody made it in safe and sound. Lunch was great, and the conversation and RV viewing was even better. If you are still pounding rivets, this is what you can look forward to. Gotta love having one of these great machines!

P.S. several people walked up and introduced themselves at the fly-in, but they already seemed to know my name. Turns out a couple of you have actually watched the videos I have posted. I appreciate it. One last comment. If you listen close, you might hear a few familiar voices on the radio. Can't wait till next year!

Last edited:
Enjoy

Peter - you might be surprised at how many people here on the VAF view, enjoy and learn from your videos. Thanks a lot for sharing. Please post more of them in the future. Some day, I hope to be flying out of Chino as well. Best to you, Ed:cool:

Keep 'em coming!

Thanks once again for posting the video Pete! I'm going to be one of those people who introduce myself to you some day as a fellow RV-9A driver who followed both your build and your flights.

Chastised!

As an avid follower of your videos, it's "OOPS", not "OPPS" and don't ever forget to turn the camera on when landing...that's my favorite part!

Chastisement complete;)

Great job Peter and thanks again for taking the time to put this stuff together.

As an avid follower of your videos, it's "OOPS", not "OPPS" and don't ever forget to turn the camera on when landing...that's my favorite part!

Chastisement complete

Great job Peter and thanks again for taking the time to put this stuff together.

OOPS.... always an opportunity for improvement.... LOL

I was still 15 miles out when you were in the pattern. With the amount of radio chatter, I can see why you forgot the camera. It was a really busy time and you didn't forget rule 1----fly the airplane! Loved the video anyway, I always enjoy flying in socal airspace.

HII

Amazing how many people at HII I missed meeting. Great video. Does the Hero 3 have a speed adjustment to remove the prop that my old Hero doesn't?

Cathy & Skip

Amazing how many people at HII I missed meeting. Great video. Does the Hero 3 have a speed adjustment to remove the prop that my old Hero doesn't?

Cathy & Skip

I am using a GoPro mount from NFlightCam. They sell a filter that helps take out some of the prop swirl. In other videos, I have pulled the Hero 3 out of the mount, and then you really see the prop turning. The filter does a pretty good job of removing it.

Back