What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ayrton's first Christmas and first RV ride

Guy Prevost

Well Known Member
Merideth (Mom) had to work on Christmas day. She's a doc at the VA and had to be there for the stream of people dropping off pop so they didn't have to look after him over the holidays. :mad:

The boy and I really didn't want to do the 5.5 hour mountainous drive to Grandma's house for Christmas. It took a little prep to figure out how to fit the car seat into the back of the 8a, but it wound up working well. He slept most of the 1 hour flight there.

i-rzWdNCD-L.jpg

He did wake up at the end and definitely knew something was different.
i-nCF9LQd-L.jpg

The only way I could really see him was to reach back with the camera and shoot a quick photo.

Sometime in the last few minutes, he did manage to get his hearing protection off. I'll have to figure out how to keep it in place better. I took this after landing.

i-BSTtbtN-L.jpg

He was less happy on the trip home that evening, but he's the same way in the car in the evenings. All in all, this was a good trip but I think there will be very few RV rides for him until he's a little older and will be able to enjoy it. It was fairly stressful for me to make sure his ears were covered, plan for emergencies, etc.

I Told you that kid has the best parents on the planet!
I wonder if you could shove ear plugs in him?

We have the same earmuffs. Ayla just turned 1 and we still use them. They have worked great for us and I recommend them to anyone looking for baby hearing protection. We've made several 3hr xcountry trips to visit family this year and she usually sleeps most of the flight. Momma sits in back with her (C172) and the best part about flying instead of driving with a baby is that you can pull them out of the carseat to entertain or change diapers! Love my wife.

blogger-image--1253578973.jpg

Back