What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ATC type fuse block for high Vibration area

ron sterba

Well Known Member
Thanks Jasman45.
I ordered that fuse block for thru the panel ATC (auto) type fuse. (Coopper/Bussmann series 15710/transportation) I am going to install it in my RV9A with the Dynon Skyviews. I liked the split buss block 10 circuits on the top and 6 on the bottom half. Made for High-Vibration areas according to Bussmann website. Mines a 16 circuit panel but you may orders larger sizes from David at his website. Theres pictures of a RV8 installation too. http://mihdirect.biz/ Check out the website,David sent mine out last friday USPS from Kansas and I received it Monday morning in Oregon! I like about this block it comes with a cover so one doesn't have look at the fuses. Now I didn't order the fuses because I am going with the NEW ATC type fuses that light up when blown David didn't have those available at the time of my request.. David was very helpful.

Merry Christmas to ALL!
Ron in Oregon.

Last edited:
Hi Maxwell, They are straight in from the rear. Follow me here. There are two legs on a ATC fuse. One of those legs plugs into the feed side of the buss/fuseblock and the other is the spade connector that you crimp onto your wire and insert it back into the rear of the fuse block. Maxwell I can send you a picture of my block if you want to post it on this thread. Don't know how to post pictures.

Ron in Oregon

Maxwell, you can access the thread by going to SEARCH at the top of the main page of RV GENERAL DISCUSSION and type in " fuse block ", then look for a thread "RV9A Panel FUSE BLOCK QUESTION" by me back in July 11,2013 and I think the picture that Jazman posted of his fuse block mounted in the panel is on the page two of 3 pages of the listed threads.. Hope it helps.
Ron in Oregon

Last edited:
Picture of fuse block

Here is a picture of the fuse block.

ajm6f8.jpg

And here is a picture of the wires going into the back of the fuse block. (borrowed from the MIH Industries website)

gl04.jpg

On this particular installation, they have three different bus bars that then distribute power through the ATC type fuses.

Last edited:
Maxwell, well this is a point of discussion making on the owners part. I'm in a qua-dry as to what goes where on the busses. As I be told to look at a emergency your are in. Lets say you have a alternator failure. What would you as far as instruments go need to get to the ground? Efis and a comm radio at least on my part,maybe a transponder too. Im not sure which buss I would place the feed current on. As we get more builders with EFISs and how they set this up.I hope they will share.

Ron in Oregon

Maxwell, well this is a point of discussion making on the owners part. I'm in a qua-dry as to what goes where on the busses. As I be told to look at a emergency your are in. Lets say you have a alternator failure. What would you as far as instruments go need to get to the ground? Efis and a comm radio at least on my part,maybe a transponder too. Im not sure which buss I would place the feed current on. As we get more builders with EFISs and how they set this up.I hope they will share.
Ron in Oregon

You might have a minor case of SIBOL (self-inflicted builder option lockup) ;)

I once wired a steam gauge IFR RV with an elaborate E-bus, dual batteries, and independent feeds for dual electronic ignitions. Despite clear cad-drawn electrical diagrams and plenty of cockpit coaching, neither the owner or a third pilot ever really understood any of it.

VFR airplane? KIS is good. Forget fancy bus arrangements for dealing with an emergency which probably isn't. Each individual device has an ON-OFF switch. If you ever need to shed load just turn off the ones you don't need right then, and later turn one back on if you need it.

Most of the EFIS systems are available with their own backup battery. Just turn the master off; the EFIS remains live.

Back