What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jumping back in the pool and building a RV-10

UnPossible

Well Known Member
Well, after spending from 2008 to 2012 building my RV-7A, I realized that I liked building nearly as much as flying. After kicking it around for a while (and getting my lovely wife's approval for the 2nd time!), I've decided to jump back in the pool and build a RV-10. I received empennage kit 41515 early today.

While I have thoroughly enjoyed flying my 7A for the past 18 months, there have been numerous times when I wished I had a bit more room. By the time the 10 is done, my kiddos (who are nearly 11 and 9 now) will be getting close to leaving the nest. I'd really like to get involved with PilotNPaws and think the 10 will work wonderfully for that mission. It will also be a fantastic cross country plane if the kiddos decide to go to college a distance away.

I realize that this means that I will have to part ways with my 7A sometime in the next 2-4 years to help finance the 10, but it will be a lot easier knowing that the next one should be nearly ready. Building the 7A, I was sad to see it finished, as I finally felt I knew what I was doing, about the time it was done!

Anyway, time to dust off those tools and get busy. Looks like I'll be hanging around here for a bit longer.

beuixe.jpg

Congratulations Jason

I haven't even finished my -8, but I'm already thinking about what's next after that. I can't even contemplate never building again after going through the learning curve once...what a waste it would be.

I've contemplated a 10 several times and just haven't been able to pull the trigger. Good luck with your build - they are great airplanes, and the kit quality is astonishing to this RV-6 builder.

Jason,

Welcome to the club. Be sure to stop by the RV-10 HQ when you attend OSH this year.

Kyle,

Take the plunge, it's only money, you only get to live life once! :D

bob

Have fun

Have fun on the new build project. I'm just starting a new build myself. I just received my -12 empennage kit last week.

The main reason that I'm doing a -12 is because I was able to convince my wife (after a long time of trying) that it is the most economically viable and not as time consuming.

Maybe a -14 will be in my future next year. :rolleyes:

That's funny...

...I'm building a 10 and thinking about building a 3,4 or 7 next. Then occasionally, I get the itch to go full bore and build an open cockpit bipe! :D

Back