What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

fully developed spin...

[email protected]

Well Known Member
It sure was a nice day out with dramatic cloud layers and colors so I decided to attach a GoPro and go play. I really enjoyed the scene but I ended up a bit higher than anticipated so I started my decent with a fully developed 5-turn spin ;)

You can see how the rotation and deck angle become very stable in the last couple of turns; at this point it takes quite a bit more time and effort to stop the rotation.

click on the image

When you say time, I get it. But effort? I was out yesterday and a six turn spin required more time to recover from (~1.5 rotations) but no different control inputs etc. I'm wondering what you mean by effort?

not really effort... patience really ;)

When you say time, I get it. But effort? I was out yesterday and a six turn spin required more time to recover from (~1.5 rotations) but no different control inputs etc. I'm wondering what you mean by effort?

Not really physical effort; a bit more mental effort... patience really ;)

good video.....

...cause I nearly barfed! :rolleyes:

ok, it's been a while since I did any spins...like 25 years...and now I'm driving a -9a!

use to be fun to go and abuse a Cherokee 140 ( and my tummy) this way for an hour or so.....(half of which was climbing back to altitude of course!!!)

Back