What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tip: Mounting the Avery C-Frame Dimpler

BillL

Well Known Member
I have a small shop space and wanted to both integrate the c-frame for use and able to get it out of the way when not needed. Here is my solution.

The Two EAA benches have a bridge under the end to tie them together with a gap needed for the dimpler. Two carriage bolts with the square ground off is used to fasten it down.

IMG_0820.JPG

The recess makes it even with the bench tops but the dimpler set will be slightly elevated. With some carpet on top the piece clears the set and wont scratch it as it is aligned. A small push will center it then you can lower the other half and use the mallet.

IMG_0821.JPG

When not in use the unit is stored in the gap below and a solid bench insert was used to make a continuously usable bench top.

IMG_0819.JPG

One improvement would be a laser cross hair to locate the hole in large pieces, but skill is quickly developed to make it usable.

Happy Building!

Great minds!

I did the same thing on my 2 EAA benches a few months ago. Works great!

Also, I found that the slot is a great place to store all those always want to access tools (rulers, squares, cleco pliers, deburring stuff) when I'm not dimpling. Two pieces of carpet cover the benches and the middle is open, and it keeps the tools handy but out of the way.

Back