What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone in Southeast TN? (Chattanooga area)

CubedRoot

Well Known Member
Hello all!
I am in the Southeast corner of TN, just outside of Chattanooga by a few miles. I have been doing my PPL lessons out of KRZR and KCHA, and I have been drooling over Vans for a while now.

Then I found this site, and now im afraid my fever for RV's has gotten worse! :)

Just wondering if there were any other fellow Tennesseans that I could meet or talk with about a Vans?

I also work in the Dalton, GA area (KDNN).

I fly into FGU to visit the in-laws from time to time. Nice airport.

Circling the Chattanooga Class Charlie is a beautiful flight!

Good luck with your PPL!

Philip,
Thanks for the thread link. I replied in it to introduce myself and offer any help.

Bill,
My first night flight was out of KCHA. It was awesome! I had never seen the city from above, let alone at night. My first dual night cross country was out of KCHA. We flew to Gadsen, and back. On the way in, Chattanooga was beautiful coming across the ridge at night. It was one of those moments when you think "Yep.. all the money and stress from learning to fly is well worth it"

I have 32.3 hours right now, and have loved every second of it. There isnt a day goes by, that I don't think about flying.

There are at least a couple RVs based at CHA. TacAir-South ramp mistook me for one of the locals last week. I will be spending a day there every 8 weeks for the next year or so. If no locals are willing, we can get together and talk, look, poke, etc. PM me for a phone number.

Dave,
I sent you a PM with my contact info. Feel free to give me a shout the next time you come through.

Back