What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Flight

rivetshaver

I am pleased to share that my 7 year project got air under the tires for the first time on September 12, 2013 at KFFC in Peachtree City GA. All went well, no heavy wing or any other problem.
I would like to thank Vern Darley for doing the first flight, after landing we uncowled the ship to check for leaks, all was good, Vern took her up again for about 40 min, landed and said it was my turn. Incredible emotions, fear, excitement, then pushed the throttle and I was up. Circled the field for about 30 minutes, landed with a grin.
Special thanks to my late wife Urszula for being supportive for 5 years as she battled colon cancer, I think she was with me in spirit on the first flight. Thanks to my son Chris and daughter Evelyn for breaking from school and coming to see me. Thanks to the folks at Falcon RV Squadron at KFFC, the best bunch of folks anywhere. Thanks VAF for having a place to hang out.
Thanks Van's Aircraft, the kit was a joy to build. Looking forward to many adventures .
Sincerely
Gregory Targonski
RV-9A
full Skyview avionics
O-320D3G
IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0646.JPG

IMG_0623.JPG

Finally some good news today.

Congrats Greg on a terrific looking airplane. Be safe in phase 1 and keep us posted. Rest assured, your wife was with you.

Sweet.

Congratulations and what a beautiful family.

Come and shake my hand at GA2 next Saturday. I'll be in my Yellow and silver RV-10.

Best,

Great Job

Congrats from the entire "9" family. I can't wait to join you guys that are "finished".

You are an inspiration to all us for moving forward. I'm sure Urszula is proud also.

Congratulations Greg! You did it! It was nice hearing you on the radio the other day. What a beautiful picture of a beautiful family! I'm sure Urszula is smiling.

Jerry Esquenazi
RV-8 N84JE

Heartiest congrats to you!!!!

...way to go, Greg! Welcome to the 9A bunch! It is a fabulous airplane ... one that does everything well.

Very Nice

Very nice. Congratulations. Its good to see another RV added to the Georgia lineup. The KFFC RV folks are a great resource.

Great looking plane. You did great my friend. Enjoy this fabulous machine. Great looking family.

Pat Garboden
Katy, TX
RV9A N942PT

Dues paid. Flying.

Back