What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Armchair Flying

CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
For all you guys that are building or sitting in a chair and need a quick RV-10 flight, here are two videos I just posted to my blog. Same flight, but one is from the cockpit and the other is from the tail tiedown. GoPro cameras mounted by the neighborhood Fox Sports cameraman. I think the cockpit one does a great job showing the versatility and function of the AFS 5600 screens - rendering the synthetic vision in real time. The video is available in 1080P if you select that quality too.

http://myrv10factory.wordpress.com/2013/08/25/proof-it-does-fly/

Last edited:
Good stuff Mark! That'll keep me motivated to get this baby flying.

PS - Great stuff in 1080p.
D

Thanks.

Thanks for posting your videos. They are definitely motivational. Are you still flying off your Phase 1?

Great to watch!

Cannot wait to get to that stage!
What is the blade antenna on the belly? Which other antennas do you have on the belly?
Thanks.
Johan

Nice motivation vids

Mark,

Like it!! The 4x speed was pretty cool. Like you said a great sales vid for AFS. I liked how your taxi out caught that DC-3 going by.

Cannot wait to get to that stage!
What is the blade antenna on the belly? Which other antennas do you have on the belly?
Thanks.
Johan

Closest to the camera is a Delta POP UAT antenna for the Navworx ADS-B system. Farther away, near the battery box is a Delta Pop blade antenna for the Transponder and then under the rear seats are two Comant bent whip Comm antennas.

That's a great looking panel, what's the material? Do you have any backup instruments? Tried to look on your site quickly but didn't find it.

The material? Well, depends on which item you are referring to. The instrument panel is carbon fiber from AerosportProduct.com and is painted with jetflex. The black panel inserts are custom made using my design from frontpanelexpress.com and are black powder coated. The center and lower panels with a wood grain were done with a process called Hydro Dipping - http://www.hydrographicsinc.com/. That is because of the lower throttle quadrant (also from AerosportProducts) has a lot of complex bends and Hydro Dipping was the only way to do it. The color was matched to my wood hand grips.

Each of the EFIS systems have their own ADHRS and are also cross-referenced. So I have two attitude reference systems along with backup batteries as well.

If you look close there are a few quick hidden secrets in the video

1) Thumbs up near the start of the video as I give a nod to the camera man

2) Hal 9000 Logic systems logo added to the start screen of the EFIS

3) Cameraman standing near the taxi way on the way back to the hangar.

Back