What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Newly Minted RV Grin!!

colojo

Well Known Member
This afternoon I finally soloed in my RV-8, N8812T, after the torture of watching it sit in my hangar for 2 months while I got my tailwheel endorsement and transition training.

The takeoff was perfect, the 30-minute first flight was great, and my approach to landing was spot on... but the landing itself was not a thing of beauty, I'm afraid. I see a lot of pattern work in my future. :D Fortunately, the only thing I damaged was my pride.

Thanks to all who helped me segue to this new and exciting place in my flying career: 5G Aviation for the tailwheel endorsement, Alex De Dominicis for my RV transition training, Roy Geer my ferry pilot, and the gentlemen who spent 3.5 years of their lives producing this beautiful aircraft.

My RV grin is quite wide right now!

I agree

No photos.... Then it didnt happen...just saying.

Its like those cheerleader twins in high school that i hooked up with... with out a pic, its just a dream.

PICS PICS PICS :D

I didn't build the plane so I didn't have a sea of onlookers there to document the event. Plus, Centennial airport was landing the 35's this afternoon, which are impossible to photograph from the ground. I took a lame self portrait on the ground afterwards, which proves nothing. Therefore, my only proof is LiveATC.net, sometime between 5 and 6 PM MDT. Listen for experimental 8812T. :D

I can totally relate.

My plane is finished, inspection was passed, and has sucessfully completed first flight (by a highly skilled RV-7 owner).

But, I cannot fly my airplane until I finish my tailwheel endorsement.

And, our good weather up here is not going to last much longer.

Congrats!!!!

Big Congrats on the RV Grin! Last time I let somebody fly my RV-3, they lit their own fire and finished their -8 in record time!!!!! We do need pics though :)

OK, here's the self-portrait I took right after the flight....

photo%5B1%5D-M.jpg

Congrats!

Way to go Joe! A great accomplishment whether you build or buy! Thanks for posting the pic - looks awesome! I look forward to joining you in the sky's some day! .... some day....:D

Congratulations

Nice looking 8. Great color. Grin looks like a first flight to me.
Congratulations.

Pat Garboden
Katy, TX
RV9A N942PT

Back