What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8A crash in Kansas

Here's an update

I declined from posting for a couple of days, but before rumors start to get out of hand,,,The RV that went down in KS was a good friend of mine from the EAA 377 group that I am a part of. I spoke with other friends as to what happened and about all I can say on here is that a group was flying together out of Kansas enroute to OSH and got caught between cloud layers and lost site of him and the rest is history. It makes me very sad and I just want to REMIND my aviation friends to be careful, set personal limits and don't exceed them. God bless Rusty Woods and his family :(

I declined from posting for a couple of days, but before rumors start to get out of hand,,,The RV that went down in KS was a good friend of mine from the EAA 377 group that I am a part of. I spoke with other friends as to what happened and about all I can say on here is that a group was flying together out of Kansas enroute to OSH and got caught between cloud layers and lost site of him and the rest is history. It makes me very sad and I just want to REMIND my aviation friends to be careful, set personal limits and don't exceed them. God bless Rusty Woods and his family :(

A.J.,
I was a "long distance member" and sought advice from 377 Chapter members before and during my build and attended a few fly-in dinners at Liberal, Meade and Ashland. A couple of Carey and my travel stories were published in the "Fly Paper". I don't remember meeting Rusty but I think I remember his airplane. This hits too close to home. I can only hope you and the rest of the chapter members and his family receive some comfort from my thoughts and prayers. Please accept my heart felt condolenses. Godspeed Rusty!

Joe

Back