What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Please wear your nametag to OSH

morganjp

Well Known Member
As we are about to gather at a convention with the Van's social, and the Van's banquet; plus the Young Eagles banquet and the Pitots n Paws gathering at HBC and the EAA annual meeting would you all for my sake ( who can't remember one person's name for more than 2 minutes let alone a hundred) please wear your local EAA name badge with some designation of which RV you are flying or building. If you don't have a member name badge then bring along some stick on badges to identify yourself.

I go to Oshkosh to meet people and talk about airplanes not to watch some airshow that I have seen a zillion times. If you have a name badge on then that to me is an invite to talk about where you are from or any other topic.

I went to sales meetings for 40 years where I already new 95% of those in attendance; but I was required to wear a name tag. Now I go to these events with hundreds of thousands of anonymous people. We all know the problems facing General Aviation. To solve those problems it would not hurt to know who is in our Army!

Just sayin

John Morgan

PS: Van doesn't need his name badge but I bet he's got one.

I can't make OSH this year but I second this motion. Some want to be anonymous or are shy about it but wouldn't it be great to put a name with a face.

Nametags

Perhaps some entrepreneur could design and supply low cost VAF name tags for us ???

Perhaps some entrepreneur could design and supply low cost VAF name tags for us ???

This has come up in the past, dont know if it ever went anywhere.

If you have a VAF hat, put the name tag in it.

I don't wear hats normally, so I did a lanyard badge.
VAF logo, picture of my plane (since we seem to remember planes more than faces!), VAF handle and my real name(!).
I'll post if I can find it.

I don't wear hats normally, so I did a lanyard badge.
VAF logo, picture of my plane (since we seem to remember planes more than faces!), VAF handle and my real name(!).
I'll post if I can find it.

Something like this?
VAF%20Nametag.jpg

yep. Stuck it in a liberated tradeshow lanyard/sleeve. Can you post the file so others can use it?

I used Microsoft Word to create the original and inserted the logo and my RV-6 as jpg pictures and played around with various fonts and sizes for the text to look right. I don't have the .docx file anymore, all I have is the .jpg picture of the finished tag, which is the image shown in my post above. When I printed it, I scaled the size down a little bit and laminated it inside one of those clear plastic "make your own nametags" you can buy at Office Depot.

I can still spell . I just can't read what I just spelled unless I go to 14 font.

Actually Pitots n Paws sounds pretty good!

John Morgan

Only made one single item using the logo for personal use, the nametag for myself.

Have donated over $1000 to various charities (local food bank, Salvation Army, Boy Scouts of America, local Christian radio station ministry) in the past calendar year since making my nametag.

Does that not count under DR's logo use policy?

Last edited:
Neil, cant answer for him, but I do seem to remember you did this before Doug made the policy.

Wasn't criticizing you, was directing my comments at anyone who was thinking of doing what you did.

I will edit my post to clarify that.

Picture of my nametag on the Picasa public web photo site has been fixed. :D

Anyone who sees the picture in this thread now, hopefully will know what to do to make their own nametag.

I think you should all get t shirts with your name on them :D
I'll be in HBC all week please stop me and say hello.

wm-back.jpg

We usually look something like this...

IMG_1872.jpg

If Doug gives his permission to use the logo, I could make a template for people to download and fill in. If anyone would like they could send completed templates back to me and I could print them out on a photo printer, and bring them to the Monday night social.

Great!

I've lost my .docx file, and only have my old saved image file from last year (which is the wrong size to print directly without trial and error resizing to fit the holder). I found my old nametag I made last year, and unfortunately the clear plastic lamination has shrunk on one side and is badly de-laminating so I need to make a new one anyway.

Back