What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A Week with the Plane.......

petehowell

Well Known Member
It was quite a week for 9er-pop-hotel. We we went for long flights and short flights, saw new things, ate new things and made new friends. Lotsa miles and lotsa fun! Here is the week in a nutshell:

APRS-week.jpg

Andi wanted to go hiking in Moab......
APRS-MOAB.jpg

Andi wanted to try the raisin ravioli in Cumberland, WI and I got cheap gas at Cambridge.......
APRS-KUBE.jpg

Andi said we had to go see daughter #1 working in Madison this summer.......
APRS-KMSN.jpg

Daughter #2 wanted to see fireworks from above.......
APRS-4TH.jpg

Andi wanted to go for pancakes at Lakeville this morning.........
APRS-KLVN.jpg

These women are so demanding, not sure I can keep up!! ;) :)

It's a tough job Pete...you're a good man to make the effort and the sacrifice! ;)

What a great week!! :D

Cheers,
Bob

A week and a half in the RV...

Well, Pete is not the only one who covered some RV ground in the last week and a half. On June 26, nine RV's with 15 people aboard departed the Twin Cities area for West Yellowstone airport, which is just outside the west end of Yellowstone park. We had two 6A's, a 7, a 7A, an 8, a 9 and three 9As. We stopped for fuel in Spearfish SD, then over a couple ranges and on into West Yellowstone. There is a great campground on the airport grounds, and we stayed two nights. A smaller group of us left Yellowstone for a couple nights' stay in Steamboat Springs CO. Round trip hobbs hours were about 12. A couple days later I went up to Henning, where I come from in MN, a 45 minute trip by RV. On the 4th of July, my wife and I went to Aberdeen SD to see relatives, about 50 minutes each way (about a 3.5 hour car drive...). Then back to Henning (05Y) the same day. A couple days later back to the home base of Anoka Cty, KANE. About 16 or 17 hours on the hobbs in 10 days!

Oh, and we did talk with Pete on our return trip from CO, as he had left Utah the same morning. These machines do make the country a lot smaller!

My APRS track for 11 days:
2013%2520Summer%2520travels%2520RV.JPG

Back