What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Eagle's Nest in the news - Houston Chronicle

Special Delivery

Well Known Member
Front Page News
Today's edition (6/20/13) of Houston Chronicle's "Ultimate Bay Area" section.

Click on the link to the full story and read heart-warming comments from build-students, parents, the assistant Principal, and a city council representative. Pretty cool stuff... and reassurance that Eagle's Nest Projects is on the right track and making a difference!

Click on photo for link to full story >>>

Link to full story >>> http://www.chron.com/default/articl...dents-take-learning-4607486.php#photo-4801276Houston Chronicle

Last edited:
Wow, something to be proud of for sure. I guess they really dolled it up to have added air conditioning, not aware of any other RV12's with air conditioning.

Wow, something to be proud of for sure. I guess they really dolled it up to have added air conditioning, not aware of any other RV12's with air conditioning.

Thanks for the kind words, Don.

About the air conditioning - Classic case of "failure to communicate". For a few days during the build I did hang stringed parts tags with the words "air conditioning" on the inside vent handles. To keep the aircraft true to the story however, I'm now considering making permanent labels to affix under each vent!

Last edited:
With all this going one, I smile so much here lately that someone might mistake me for a nice person...

It is worth every hour, every nickle, and every drop of DNA to watch a kid see that bird, THEIR bird, lift off that first time. Honestly, it is better than building your own. I never thought I would say that, but it is.

Bob

Yeah that was a "tongue in cheek" remark as you guessed. I have copied the address of the newspaper article and am sending it to several high schools in the area that SHOULD be considering a build. I might make it happen yet!

Thanks for the kind words, Don.

About the air conditioning - Classic case of "failure to communicate". For a few days during the build I did hang stringed parts tags with the words "air conditioning" on the inside vent handles. To keep the aircraft true to the story however, I'm now considering making permanent labels to affix under each vent!

Back