What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

over-the-numbers

panhandler1956

Well Known Member
Fun picture I captured with my tailwheel spring mounted GoPro.

8953610859_c94d6bbb4b_b.jpg

You fix your engine problem or is this a previous photo?

It appears to have been the fuel line between the flow divider and the throttle body. It was very old.

I'm still doing some adjustments to the idle mixture cause I monkeyed with it during my earlier troubleshooting efforts.

That is cool, can you post a pic showing how you mounted the GoPro?

Mark,
Here you go. I put rubber around the tailwheel rod for the gopro mount. Sorry it's blurry.
8963155007_7c1f4cc97c_b.jpg

My drift mounts on this plastic pad that it came with. I drilled holes in it to accept the #8 screws in several of my fairings/covers. It has the soft side of velcro on it to dampen vibration and keep abrasions off my baby.

8964351792_4df5ab5f20_c.jpg

Here's a video I did last weekend:

http://vimeo.com/67714493

I get totally geek'd out on this stuff!

:)

Brent,

Great mounting idea! I like that perspective of the shot.

Thanks for the video

Regards,

Scott

I forgot to add I did in fact also really enjoy the video. At first I just thought you put your Go Pro on "picture mode" and had not seen the video. Awesome!

Sweet Vids

Brent;

Nice job - I'm geeked out on it too, but so far have not settled things down like you have - I have lots of blurry vibrating video - I'm going to add some velcro and rubber - great perspective from under the tail.

Tells no lies on the center line!

Thanks!

Thanks guys!

My GoPro default setting takes a still like every minute or so while it's filming. I really like the camera so far, especially using the iphone app to control and preview it from the cockpit.

As for still images, iMovie lets you "strip" them from video, but the images aren't as hi-res. Good for the internet though.

If I had more money, I'd have them all over the airplane...it's probably best that I don't have more money. :)

Congrats on making the VAF front page! The TOP of the front page, I should add...

I hope you get more money, because I can only imagine what kinda cool ideas you'd come up with if there were cameras all over your -8! :)

haha!

Thanks Ron! I have an upcoming POV for my camera that should be really fun if it works like I hope it will.

It's a cool time to be inhabiting this orb. The technology has gotten so good and it's relatively cheap. Fun stuff and it's only going to get better.

Back