What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

"Mike S." Conspiracy?

PerfTech

Well Known Member
...I have been here on this forum now for some three years, and I think it is high time we faced the fact that something is going on here that needs to be acknowledged. It appears that "Mike S." is somehow conspiring to come off as the nicest guy here on the forums. He, or possibly they, seems to have time to build airplanes, fly airplanes, work the forums with some 8,300 posts (all being very positive, tried but I can't even find a negative one), always has ample time to graciously welcome every new poster here, offers his help and opinions to solve peoples problems, but, most condemning of all, seems to also have time to keep the wife happy as well? Something is very wrong with this picture? I am beginning to think that possibly there in no "Mike S." but rather a group of guys, all working to make the rest of us feel lazy and inadequate, doing a great job of it I might add! What do you other guys think?
:D......Thanks Mike......:D

Mike

I think you are correct Allan. I was thinking the same thing the other day.

I think our new nickname for Mike should be:

"Mister Wonderful" :D

I Met Him Briefly at Van's 2012 Homecoming

He, or at least that day's front man introduced himself over by the gas pump. I stopped on the way home from the Pappy Boington race in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. I had a battery failure and had to get a jump start after the fillup. I headed home while the engine was running so I didn't get to spend any time at all but the agent that day was a perfect gentleman. Seemed like the real guy pictured here with his lovely wife. He might be a real person, hard as it is to believe.

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
Reno 2008

I met him and his daughter, IIRC, at the Reno Air Races in 2008. I've liked him ever since. :D

Nah, he's just a text book narcissist blatantly trying to inflate his post count. :D However, I would like to take this opportunity to nominate him as the Official VAF Goodwill Ambassador and Greeter!

There's enough of him to be two guys at least, but yeah, he's about twice as nice so it all works out.

(I think I hear my cell phone ringing;))

I can only justify what has been said, Mike was this first one to greet me when I joined the good ship

I met Mike in Reno a few years back along with Paul Dye. Two of the nicest, friendliest fellows I've ever met. :)

He is real. I stopped by his house - unannounced, about a month ago. I wasn't sure if he was real until that point. I actually got to sit in his 10 as he went over his panel showing me how everything worked.

He really has a wife too! She is just as nice as Mike is. I think I remember Mike saying it was ok for anyone from VAF to come stay, bring their kids and pets, and stay as long at they wanted. At least that is what I thought he said!!:D

Yes he is real

He is real.

I have met him several times. Even seen him in his airplane away from his home and out of state getting fuel.

Last edited:
Mike S

Mike was very quick in replying to my first post here. He was so fast that he replied within 2 minutes of my introduction :) I feel welcome already.;)

From the wife of MIKE

Yes Dan... big enough for two but his heart is that big too! He left this logged in so I could read it so I am going to snipe in! He is real!:D:D:D

He's got it made... retired firefighter with a wife that still works and you can tell what he does with his time! I have to keep the attitude that he's earned it! He's a wonderful guy and I am glad that he has been there for many of you! Keep up the good work! ;)

Laura

Last edited:
I was wondering when or if he would finally speak up! I'm glad you did it for him. His humble nature probably prevented him from posting himself. Thanks for posting. He's a big part of our VAF family! :D

Welcome to VAF!

Laura, first post on VAF, big welcome aboard to you my dear.

Gonna have to get you signed up with your own login:D

Laura! Hey girl! Tell Mike to go to OSH. He said he wouldn't without you and you had to work, but I know you want him to go have a good time with his worthless buddies. Life is short and beer is good!

Patti is sending me.

Pretty please?

From the wife of MIKE (Laura)

Mike can go... He needs to find a buddy to go with him though! Shoot... he has the time and permission... What's to stop him now? :rolleyes:

Laura :)

It is not a permission thing I suspect

He said he "wouldn't" not "couldn't", I fully comprehend the distinction. As you said Dan "life is short" and when it is good you want to savor the best of it...

Bob Axsom

Mike

I met Mike and daughter at Reno and Mike and wife at Osh very nice people and a lot of help to others.But Im sure he dont remember the redneck from Coonbottom Fl.
Bob

Back