What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Want to recommend Cleaveland Tool

propsync

Well Known Member
Hi Group,

I haven't received my tools yet but I want to make a general recommendation for Cleaveland Tool based on very good customer service.

Being a new builder and waiting for my 14 wings to arrive, I had a lot of questions about getting the shop ready, some of which I posted in the forums.

Mike Lauritsen from Cleaveland Tool reached out to me wanting to know if I wanted to spend a little phone time with him discussing the tools and the build. Since I was in the market anyway, I happily agreed.

We spent a good hour on the phone, he is a very knowledgeable and personable guy. Another plus, he is a VANs builder himself and that made me feel pretty good about the information I was getting.

So Mike put a tool list together for me after discussing what tools I already owned and what the upgrade options would be. For example, I knew about the pneumatic squeezers and I was questioning how much time I might be able to save. I ended up buying one with all the yokes. There seems to be a really good resale market for tools right here in the forum so I felt good about spending the extra money to hopefully save time and gain precision.

Several emails later to finalize the list and I made the purchase. Mike's company apparently does business on a hand shake which is very rare in my opinion but refreshing, they are shipping the tools without the check first clearing (in fact without even receiving the check yet). I elected to pay with check to get a further discount as that helps them avoid the credit card merchant fees.

Mike has also offered to be another resource in my build when questions will invariably come up about the build and the tools.

So far, it has been a very positive experience.

Last edited:
Ditto on Cleveland and Mike

I too am a new builder, 9A, and it has been a pleasure working with Mike.
He seems to always be there with an answer when I need one.
I bought almost all my tools from Cleveland and found good quality and
great service.

I've only bought a few items from Cleaveland over the past few years but mark me up as another very satisfied customer. Mike and his crew are definitely first rate, top notch people to deal with.

Same here

Yep, same here. The nipple on my #40 c-sink broke a few weeks ago, a quick email to mike and a few days later I had a new one at my house. No charge, and they even wrote a not saying thanks! I was the one really saying thanks. They are a great group of people.

Absolutely top notch people ...

I bought a bunch of tools from them seven years ago. They were great people to deal with. Turns out they had unknowingly shipped a batch of Main Squeezes that were missing a retainer on a pivot pin. They determined that under some circumstances, the pin could come out and the squeeze process would break the aluminum housing. With no questions asked, they immediately shipped replacements, and asked us to return the bad one in the prepaid shipping container they provided. Talk about putting the customer first!

Agree

The best tools. Made right the first time. You will not regret buying really good tools.

Resell ? are you kidding? Never know ehen you might need all of those tools a second or third time around.

+1

I've had the same experience from these guys. And the result of customer service like this you ask? Whenever I need to buy anything tool related I check Cleaveland first.

I had a C-frame sent to Germany and when I unpacked it I found a bushing distorted and could not use the tool. They offered me to send a new one which I said was not necessary. Quickly I received new bushings and pressed them in. Pleasure to deal with them!

Tools for a new shop

I have read the latest comments on Cleaveland. I am starting an RV 14 project in a few weeks. I have gotten my shop area about done and best of all I have my lovely wife on board too. I will need to call them on Monday to get a batch of the tools. Who is the best person to talk too?

Back