What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vans Support 2d to None

Taz

All,

I just wanted to send along some words of thanks to the gang at Vans Aircraft. And for anyone considering an RV...I can assure you that the customer support you'll receive from Vans, as well as the support you'll receive from the entire Vans Community will be second to none.

Story #1: I learned I'd be stationed in Hawaii for about 3 years and for various reasons decided I wouldn't be bringing my nearly completed project. Main concern, a new XO-360 that I had bought and mounted...not only would the warranty activate and expire before I got it flying, it's also a long time for an engine to sit in storage. To figure out my options, I talked to Lycoming, then I called Vans - to Vans my question was "Could I buy another one?" - I'm aware of the 1 engine per kit OEM agreement. Not only did they quickly respond with a "Yes, we'll make it work for military service" THEY began calling a network of Vans Community folks on my behalf. Before I had time to worry about how to sell an engine - it was on the front page here and sold in one day. Cynthia at Vans even continued to call me and check on the status...Vans was actually invested in the success of this sale - remarkable. Of course a huge thanks to Alex DeDominicis & Doug Reeves as well, and let me add - I am now paid up on my VAF dues and will humbly admit I was a free-loader prior.

Story #2: This was a couple of years ago...I got a call out of the blue from Vans to let me know that my QB Wings might have an issue. They had noticed on another set of wings from the same lot that something along the trailing edge had been countersunk too deep. Sure, I would expect them to call and make this right, but the extent to which they made it right was awesome - I really didn't need to do anything except get the wings ready for pick-up. I pointed out the fact that I had done some work on the wings since they arrived - no problem, we'll build them to the point you have. What about time lost...I'd continue working on them if I didn't have to send them to you. Fair enough, we'll put on that second bottom skin and mount your Pitot boom. Bottom line, they were great to deal with, went above and beyond in order to make sure I was satisfied, and earned a Vans Aircraft fan for life. And yes, it was also nice to know that my wings and tanks were built by those guys in Oregon rather than the QB factory. The disappearance of a few smileys on the bottom skin was a nice bonus!

Many of you have stories like this I'm sure, but to the newcomers considering this adventure - rest assured that the overall support you'll have as a builder is nothing short of phenomenal!

Many thanks to All the folks a Vans and All of You that populate this forum with great info!

V/R,
Brian

RV-7, 90/90 (but going backwards)
N9823W
VAF Dues Paid

Vans

So far my only interaction has been with Barbara. She has been awesome as well. She was so patient with my seemingly endless changes to my fuse/wing order.
Kuddos to Vans and to you for posting.
Now, could Lycomming please drop the price on an IO-360!

Happy Memorial Day and thank you for your service.

Back