What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder Pedal/Seat adjustments

Lizard Lips

Does anyone know of a simple way to either adjust the rudder pedals or the seat of an RV-3 for us vertically challenged people. I am having difficulty getting full rudder throw unless I duck down in the seat. I suppose the simplest fix will be to get a seat back cushion to move me forward a couple of inches, but wondered if the entire seat might be moved forward.

Dumb question. :p

Joe

The RV-3 was pretty simple, so no - there is no way to adjust the seat except via the use of cushions. Rudder pedals are another matter - if built to plans, there should be a row of holes that allow the pedals to be adjusted by 6 inches. However....you have to crawl down in there, unbolt them, rebolt them, then make new cable links to make the cables right. The RV-3 is the perfect "one person" airplane, in that you build it to fit one person., Or - you get lucky, and have a partner (like my wife Louise) that is within an inch of you, and it fits both!

Paul

Back