What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What VAF apparel would you like to see?

What would you like to see?

• Total voters
Ditto...shirts with various designs

and... the shirts need to be soft and not have tags.

Last edited:
Quality shirts, button down, also polo shirts, not t-shirts. A windbreaker would be good.

Blue hats...

I like my vans airforce hat... but really don't like the strange tan color.

I would like a Fleece that does not have the static electricity, the last one I bought from VAF sparks every move I make. It makes for a nervous time refueling my aircraft, now I make sure it is off the body but it requires me having another jacket or coat with me.

Tees and a hoodie?

I'm down to one tee shirt that I can actually wear downtown, without looking like I work in a fiberglass/proseal factory.:)

Last edited:
good thread

polo shirt (with pocket) in bright colours (red, blue, yellow) with VAF logo.

I agree with N363RV, hats of different colours.

fleece type wind jacket is also an excellent suggestion.

A sew on patch with VAF logo, to put on other apparel. Like a jacket or flight suit.

Decals..very good suggestion Tyler.

Last edited:
Yeah but...

Having ventured into this on a scale far smaller than the ideas you guys are tossing out costs a bunch of money. Even if you took Pre orders you can't take advantage of bulk purchases. Look how many colors and sizes are needed in not just shirts but hats, hoodies, long sleeve and short sleeve etc etc. Now if ya'll want to toss Doug a combined donation of about 10k he could start a clothing line. I suggest you get the logo embroidery file and make your own but that may infringe on his copyright of the logo. Now decals are easy. I'd buy one. Yes I paid my 2012 contribution. Fwiw make it a paid site, $25 for the first year with a $35 renewal, surf for free but pay to post or register. Just an idea.

There are ways we can get a pre order together without money out of pocket. I think we could get enough support to at least get an order together of a few different color shirts.. I personally would buy a few hats, fleece hoodie, 5 or more shirts.. We can make it happen... I agree it cost but we can get it done with minimal cost. I would be willing to pre order to get my stuff..

Me to

There are ways we can get a pre order together without money out of pocket. I think we could get enough support to at least get an order together of a few different color shirts.. I personally would buy a few hats, fleece hoodie, 5 or more shirts.. We can make it happen... I agree it cost but we can get it done with minimal cost. I would be willing to pre order to get my stuff..

Count me in. Coupe of hats and shirts, a fleece or hoodie I'd be in that!

The ambulance service I work for orders shirts from a company and they have no minimum order and any color combination for $18 a shirt.. We can also get hats from them and and Jackets ect.. There has to be more companies doing this kind of thing without a huge min. order..

Just thinking out loud........

Thinkin' that since the VAF logo is DR's, and any merchandise he decides to sell would have that logo on it, it would not offend me one bit if he were to announce a new policy that half the profit went to charity, and the other half of the profit went to support the forum, and his family.

IMHO, he deserves it.

Then the decisions can be his, based on what he thinks will sell.

Oh, BTW, any clothing should be offered in "bubba" sizes, i.e. 2x Tall, and 3x Tall.:eek:

I couldn't agree more!

Thinkin' that since the VAF logo is DR's, and any merchandise he decides to sell would have that logo on it, it would not offend me one bit if he were to announce a new policy that half the profit went to charity, and the other half of the profit went to support the forum, and his family..

Another vote for long-sleeve shirts and I'd like a zip hoodie (more convenient in the cockpit than trying to struggle out of a pullover).

Queensboro.com has a minimum order of 4 and those need not be the same item. I use them for our company shirts, jackets, hats, client gifts etc. They do good work and it takes about two weeks regardless of order size. Doug could easily take orders and payment once a week and deliver in a month without any money out of pocket.

A ball cap that has a bit deeper bowl, and doesn't shrink down to beanie cap size when you wash it. ;)

Safety and fashion

I think a fireproof flight suit would be great. Something summer weight. We could layer underneath for warmth in the winter.

I (relative newbie) can't find a pic of he "original VAF pinup girl." Help! And don't link me to that guy on the pink scooter...

The Surf and Fly pinup girl. I tried to get Doug to re-issue these, but he said he'd rather keep the ones out there as collector items.

I need one of those.

As much as I like my old VAF fleece pullover, I refuse to wear it in an airplane because polyester is a poor choice in case of a fire. I would prefer a cotton, non-hoodie, sweatshirt.

John Clark ATP, CFI
FAAST Team Representative
EAA Flight Advisor
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

I like a couple of ideas posted already:
Wide brim hat
Sew on Patch
How about a jacket? I just got an A-2 flight jacket, made of cotton, from Cabelas. It was inexpensive, comes in long sizes, fits great like a flight jacket should. But it's lighter and more flexible.
I'm planning to have the local embroidery lady (Grams Gift Clothset) cover the back with our airpark LOGO.
I picked this jacket as an experiment for patches and embroidery for my RV and Airpark. I can't see doing it to a leather flight jacket.
Also, being cotton, I'm wanting to treat it with fire retardant.

I just saw the post on the front page of =VAF= that DR was going to let us download the image and put it on whatever we wanted under the condition that we donate at least $10 to a charity of our choice for each item we emblazon with the logo!

I think that's an awesome idea, and my mind has been exploding with ideas, then which charities will get my donations! I'm thinking his charity page will start getting lots of new pictures!!

Flight helmet....patches....fleeces.....the side of the plane.....my car.....haha

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to the =VAF=

(edited for color)

I see advantages to DR's idea.
He provides the graphic, but we provide the backdrop, and post pictures of them in a new thread. :D

Emblems too

A jacket and a pullover hoodie would be great. Also some emblems and patches that my wife can sew on would great.

Bird

VAF LOGO

....I sent an E-Mail to Doug asking for the file he said we could use and haven't gotten a reply as of yet. We can include in our current order of clothing items some for the RV guys that will save a considerable amount. We have several hundred items done every three months so adding some is no big deal. I will put up a list and some photos as soon as I get the LOGO file from DR. Thanks, Allan...:D

I just hope that everyone that uses this logo that he is supplying uses it as he described.. If the logo is used then a donation of at least $10 would be donated to the charity. Doug doesn't have to do this and I would only hope that people would honor the rules that he has included. I can only imagine the work that has been put into this site on a daily basis.

Thank you Doug

Allen, how much will be sent to the charity from each peice of apparel?

....I think the $10 is what Doug wants to see so that is what it is! I still haven't seen him post the file and we will need to digitize it for different sizes for various applications. Thanks, Allan...:D

[ed. Gents and gentettes, it is my desire that the VansAirForce.net logo (when I eventually upload it) be downloaded by individuals for that person to get a local (or mail order) embrodery shop to do the work. In other words, I'd prefer that companies not sell anything with my site logo on it - for profit or not. Thanks for asking though, and I'll get the logo out sometime soon (with instructions)! Thanka, thanka, thanka... dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
A cool vaf jacket/flight suit patch and a RV-12 Driver patch

[ed. Rick,
In regards to the patch, you can go to http://www.vansairforce.net/logo.htm and download the logo so your local embroidery shop can make you one. The shop I use (at the link) can probably do it also (I’ve already paid for the setup fee). You’re on your own on the -12 patch <grin>. v/r, dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back