What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

OSH Thursday Arrival - Get into HBC?

BigJohn

Well Known Member
Due to scheduling and weather considerations I plan on flying into OSH on Thursday 7/19. This is the day before the NOTAM goes into effect. Can anyone tell me if I will be able to park in home built camping, and set up my tent that early?

Almost certainly. Might still want to have a HBC (oops! error corrected) sign as you taxi in as the ground crews might well be in operations. Don't forget that the exhibit areas will be closed to non-exhibitors till the show actually opens on Monday so the exhibitors can do their setup chores.

Last edited:
food

Last year there was no food available on the field until the Sat before the show. The on site food vendors closed at 4 or 5 pm depending on location on that Sat.
The main Camp scholler store was open on the Fri. before the show

HBC will be open on Thursday and ready for you. You should have your HBC (not HBP) sign ready as there will be some of us working on the flightline, but not the full compliment. Just tell the tower that you want to taxi to the west end of taxiway papa-1.

Thanks Jeff, that?s what I was looking for. I tealize I will have to hike off site for food Friday.

Food

The food should not be a problem on Friday, I seem to remember some vendors open on Thursday.

I think yo may want to take advantage of our excellent facilities here in HBC, we will have ice, grills & griddles ready for your use. Friday is our Homebuilt Volunteer Dinner ( Friday from 5 to 8) so we will have that restriction, but other than that we are pretty close to being ready.

Back