What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2017 Oshkosh RV Social

DanH

Legacy Member
Mentor

2017 Oshkosh RV Social

Monday July 24th

1366 WEST WAUKAU AVENUE

Starts When The Airshow Ends

Ends When The Kegs Run Dry (or about 10PM)

She's back!

Yes, once again the old girl has crawled up out of the basement. Come join the Beer Fairy at OSH, on Monday after the airshow, for one night of libation, tall tales, and outright lies.

The nice folks at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co (formerly Nationsair, but still Jenny, Shanna, Jennifer, and the rest of the gang) are again providing the terrific backyard location, just outside the Waukau Avenue EAA gate, west of the tower. Please look for the Gallagher staffers and thank them in some appropriate way. They'll be at 1366 Waukau all week with cool drinks and shade for weary aviators.

Here's the map. Easy walk from anywhere. It is near the bus center, and parking if you have a car. No parking at the house. None. Zip. Please, don't even think about it.

Looks like ten kegs should do it, maybe eleven. We'll go with New Glarus Spotted Cow and Lakefront Fixed Gear (yep, that's the name, a red ale with a 6% kick).

Nothing flies without money...no bucks, no Buck Rogers. Your sponsors are kicking in the necessary Aviation Monetary Units, so please thank 'em when you see 'em:

Barrett Precision Engines, Continental/Titan, Lycoming/Thunderbolt, Delta Pop Aviation, Kitplanes Magazine, SteinAir, TruTrak, Flightlines, Flyboy/Team Rocket, and SureFly

The Social operates on the KIS principle. The Beer Fairy ain't Martha Stewart; we're not getting into food service or creating setup/clean up issues. We will have water and a very limited selection of soft drinks available, but hungry folks should grab a sandwich on their way to the party. The Sacred Heart brat stand is across the street, and last year the house next door was selling food.

Serious note..this is an RV owner/builder function. Same rules as before; anyone caught inviting bystanders for free beer will be spotlighted, stripped naked, smeared with proseal, and rolled in tall grass. There's no cop at the door....but we can't do an event like this at OSH and issue a general invitation to all. Likewise for those with bad manners. Overall, the Social Rules are the same as VAF Rules, but with beer: RV only please, and keep it nice.

Be sure to name tag yourself when you arrive. This year we expect some door prizes. Dancing on the picnic table is approved!

Hey Dan,

I know the rules and I haven't missed an event in years but, my son is coming home for two weeks from the Airforce and has never been to OshKosh. I asked the wife to give up her spot this year so he can fly in and experience the event as it should be, camping next to the 7. Can I sneak him in? Please please please? He will only drink a little beer, Airforce guys don't drink very much. That what he tells me!

Anyway, I will await your ruling and will comply completely!

Last edited:
Love that Beer Fairy

Thanks Dan for your sponsorship of this fun event. Marthajane (Builder Doll)
and I will see you there!

...my son is coming home for two weeks from the Airforce and has never been to OshKosh. Can I sneak him in?

Active duty Air Force, flying in with his dad in an RV-7? Qualified!

Heck, he can have my beer if it comes down to it.

Dude!!

Its because of this event that my wife says RV people are fun!

Thanks Dan and Arthur G Gallager.

Be careful tho, you know Oshkosh was named the 2nd drunkest city in the nation. All told 8 of 10 were in Wisconsin, but whos counting...bring on the beers.

Nice and will make it this year.

Havent been in a couple years but this year the stars are aligning.
Homebuilt camping, thousands of rvs and some beers.....does it get any better?

:D

Count me in again.
Where else can you get free suds & meet all the VAFers face to face.

Thanks to all the sponsors who put this great event together.

Let's be sure to remember them on our next purchase.

I'm in!!

I'm in. JD Air will again be a sponsor!! We are proud to assist in brining this event to the RVer's of the World.

Thanks Dan for putting this together!!

Another reason to make the pilgrimage.

Look forward to it! Will be great to meet some fellow builders and suppliers.

My 11yo son and I will be there. He's already looking forward to playing on the playground with the other "RV-kids".

If someone gets to OSH early, maybe they can inspect and spray for wasps nests on the playground to avoid stings. ;-)

I'll be there!! Then everyone can get up nice and early and come here me speak ( or slur) my speech at the IAC pavilion at 8:30 am

from the eaa website:

The International Aerobatic Club (IAC) will highlight the history and the development of the Eagle in its pavilion on the AirVenture grounds. Six exhibit panels will tell the story of this iconic aerobatic and sport aircraft and the pilots who flew it. A forum on the Eagle will be held at the IAC pavilion on Tuesday, July 25, from 8:30 to 9:45 a.m. Speakers will be Mark Ciaglia and Lynn Ojala, owners and pilots of Eagle aircraft. Both will bring their Eagles to AirVenture this year with Lynn?s being displayed at the Aviat exhibit and Mark's show center on the flightline.

So great, it will be my first Oshkosh for me and my dad! Count us in :) I look forward to meet all of you guys!

trying a way to get there.... i see plenty of rooms ( house rental rooms) flying into Milwaukee and renting a car.. its adding up..

Count me in :)

Thanks Dan to organize this meeting (thanks to Mr. Gallager too).

I'll be there, of course. Can't wait !

See you there.

It is that time again already?! See you then.

I'm sure we'll have stories (lies?) of huge airplane adventures yet to be experienced or told :)

Thanks Dan to organize this meeting (thanks to Mr. Gallager too).

I spoke with him last year; Gallagher & Co is very pleased to host the RV Social. Remember, when they merged with Nationsair, they adopted the RV insurance program whole and intact, knowing all the personal goodwill Jenny and the crew have built. They like us!

Ive missed it for the past 2 years, but Suzanne will make sure I'm there this year to finally meet alot of you!
Tom

I will plan to be at the social... especially since this is my first time attending "The Show". I hope I have enough time to meet everyone I can (all the folks I feel like I already know from this forum) and see everything I want and need to see. I hear it takes multiple visits over several years to really get the most out of AirVenture!

Roger Pierce
Broken Arrow, OK

"Slowest QB RV10 kit in Van's history"

The nice folks at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co (formerly Nationsair, but still Jenny, Shanna, Jennifer, and the rest of the gang) are again providing the terrific backyard location, just outside the Waukau Avenue EAA gate, west of the tower. Please look for the Gallagher staffers and thank them in some appropriate way. They'll be at 1366 Waukau all week with cool drinks and shade for weary aviators.

Hi guys! We can't wait to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones too! Shanna and Jennifer will be at the social. I am staying back to man the fort at the office in case anyone needs anything. Have fun and be sure to track the girls down and say hello! :)

This will be my first trip to Oshkosh (sadly, the RV is still 12 months away from first flight). Looking forward to putting faces with VAF posters!

Just got wings mounter

I'll be there, only weeks away from first flight hoping to have the RV9 ready, but either way I'm going.

Steve

Just got wings mounted

I'll be there, only weeks away from first flight hoping to have the RV9 ready, but either way I'm going.

Steve

Hoping to be there...

Weather permitting and no gigs I can't refuse, this will be my first trip to Oshkosh. I want to camp with my plane and take it all in...

Hi Dan,
I plan to be there. Those are some great folks at Gallagher for insurance and it is darn nice of them to put this on.

OK, the countdown has started! It's now 30 days until Planet Earth's largest gathering of RV fliers, all armed with a beer cup and a smile. The Beer Fairy is so excited, she had to change her underwear....which is not bad news for anyone.

You know the place, the back yard at 1366 West Waukau, just outside the Airventure gate, west of the control tower:

Our location host is Arthur J. Gallagher & Co, i.e. Jenny, Shanna, Jennifer, and the rest of the gang. The Social is Monday, but they will be there all week with refreshments and shade, including their own event on Wednesday. Stop by and say thank you. It has to be the best place in the whole world to get answers to your airplane insurance questions.

Sponsors have again tucked a few bucks into the old lady's purse. You know 'em, you love 'em, and you spend money with 'em. They all want you to know they appreciate your business. This year the lineup includes:

Barrett Precision Engines
Delta Pop Aviation
Continental/Titan
Flightlines
Flyboy/Team Rocket
Kitplanes Magazine
Lycoming/Thunderbolt
SteinAir
SureFly
TruTrak

And now for a serious message. Let's be responsible. Keep an eye on your buddy. Walk or get a designated driver. Make sure all your people get home safe.

Get a name tag when you arrive. We'll have water and limited soft drink choices for the no-hops folks. There has been talk of door prizes, and Jenny dancing on the picnic table. 'Nuff said. See you there!

Last edited:
Hey Dan, I just made arrangements to get to OSH after 2 weeks in AK fishing through the 21st.

Is there a formal sign up or just show up!!

David Domeier

Hey Dan, I just made arrangements to get to OSH after 2 weeks in AK fishing through the 21st.

Is there a formal sign up or just show up!!

David Domeier

A famous fellow like yourself does not merely show up. Your arrival will be celebrated by all!

Airshow Survival Kits FREE for VAFers

Hey Folks,

We've got a special giveaway specifically for those of you that are going to the VAF social.

We've just released our Airshow Survival Kit, which includes everything you need to *ahem* stay hydrated while you're at Airventure, and I'd like to send the first 25 of these kits to worthy VAFers for FREE!

This kit includes the following:
  • Limited-edition vacuum-insulated stainless steel drinkin' horn
  • Team Rocket drink koozie
  • Bottle/can/fuel cap opener
  • A coupon good for 10% off any one item at Flyboy Accessories' booth

The first 25 people to order on our website and use the coupon code SURVIVOR at checkout will get the kit for free, with free shipping to the continental U.S. If you're outside the country, we can arrange pickup at the show.

We're looking forward to seeing all of you in just a few short weeks!

99005-2T.jpg

Back