What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Update from the factory....

Update is what I expected

While there's no way to rush Vans, & I have been ready for the fuselage kit since January 15, what do you do? This update however was as honest and straight forward as any update. I am convinced I will have a superior kit than their flying 14 and for that there is some satisfaction. I question whether I will have my kit in my hands prior to August, but I sure hope so!!!

I just finished my IO-360 235hp Lyc. So now it's Thumb twittle time. :-(

I will LOVE this bird so much!!! :)

Customer 140035 would be happy to trade off a few months for a really good fuselage kit. I'd rather have a great kit later, than a rushed kit sooner. "We will serve nowine before it's time", right?

Sounds like I made $20 bucks. Bet on a after June 30th kit delivery (in my hands here) with a close buddy. He keeps calling me a pessimist, I keep proving to him I am a realist.

Total time since advertising the 14

I have not forgotten the time since Vans started advertising, showing at air shows, articles in aviation journals and selling the 14 as an available kit. The unavailability was not covered with either tour or the flight of the 14 at Vans, so my expectation could be real. The continued push out was recognized in today's post. So while I will appreciate a superior product, Vans roll out of this product was not transparent about their actual ability to deliver timely. The 14 was not ready to sell when unveiled. Having said this, I still love the plane and Vans!

As of a few days ago, my two kits are ready for paint. All fairings installed and properly faired. I plan on painting myself, prepping for paint on the fiberglass parts is very time consuming.

As of a few days ago, my two kits are ready for paint. All fairings installed and properly faired. I plan on painting myself, prepping for paint on the fiberglass parts is very time consuming.

What avionics/autopilot components did you end up putting in the wings and tail?

What avionics/autopilot components did you end up putting in the wings and tail?

I'm being patient waiting for Van's avionics package announcement, so nothing more than a pitot mount and Safe Air pitot/static kit added.I had dual Skyviews in our RV-10 and really liked that so my plan is to stick with that when has those kits available From Van's.

Last edited:
I'm being patient waiting for Van's avionics package announcement, so nothing more than a pitot mount and Safe Air pitot/static kit added.I had dual Skyviews in our RV-10 and really liked that so my plan is to stick with that when has those kits available From Van's.

Did you install dynon servos before buttoning it all up?

separate fuel sensor for each tank?

Has anyone looked at this, or done this? could the red cubes be located just upstream of the fuel selector switch?

Has anyone looked at this, or done this? could the red cubes be located just upstream of the fuel selector switch?

I think you mean "just downstream". Upstream would mean that you would have to have one for each tank.
My FF transducer has been just downstream from the selector valve for over 21 years. Works great.

Sorry, I missed that. Couldn't imagine why anyone would want a separate fuel flow sensor for each tank.

Back