What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Condition Inspection Timing

MED

Well Known Member
How (when) is the condition inspection timing determined? If (optimistically speaking here) I receive my airworthy certificate in the Fall, am I required to have all future condition inspections in the same month or can I "reschedule" my condition inspections for a slower flying time, like February?

You may always do them early. Or, you may do them late, as long as the aircraft doesn?t fly after the previous expiration date (always the last day of the month). Or, slip it one month at a time. e.g., if your initial a/w inspection is Oct 10 (expires Oct 31 following year), start your next CI on Nov 1, sign off completed on, say, Nov 5. Following year, start inspection on Dec 1, etc., until you are in the desired month.

Proper planning with the calendar allows this to be a 13-month event, essentially.

All the above information is true. On the other side of the coin, I often do more than one condition inspection per year.

If I have the aircraft substantially apart for any reason, sometimes I will go ahead and pull it the rest of the way down and do a condition inspection even though it is not time. There is no requirement to wait 'till it is due.

Thanks to all. Looks like there will be a way to move it to a slower month, eventually. :)

Back